Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Armadeadn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. So despite Ubisoft saying they wouldn't do this they have turned Assassin's Creed into a damned annual release just like Call of Duty. I remember one of the head guys at Ubisoft saying before AC3 launched that the reason AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations were annual releases was because they wanted to wrap up Ezio's story before 2012 as that's when this cataclysmic event is supposed to happen in the series. But now we've had AC3 come out last year and now AC4 has not only been announced but a launch trailer has been released.

I've owned them all so far but they're starting to get pretty boring now. I finally got AC Brotherhood near the end of 2011, then was given AC Revelations for Christmas that year. So I played through Brotherhood. I then took a break because I was all Assassined out. I finally started on Revelations around October last year and I got AC3 for Christmas, which I still haven't opened. I still have to finish Revelations, THEN start AC3, and now they're talking about AC god damned 4. Sure the pirate theme is something a lot of people love, I can take it or leave it but it's got to be better than 18th century Colonial America right? I just feel that with all the great games I want to play and the steadily declining interest I seem to have for Assassin's Creed games coupled with the crappiness of annual releases might be enough fo m e to call it a day on the series.

Any of you lot looking forward to this?

2. Heard about this the other day. There is a screenshot of underwater swimming so that should be an AC first.

I however have not played the series since the enjoyable second game. A fourth one seems forced, especially since the next generation is out soon so they could have waited.

3. I played AC 2 and it was one of the most love hate games I've played. Loved the beginning with the story and climbing mechanics. Hated the jump puzzles that came later.

4. I got pretty bored with AC2 and never finished it. I haven't played any of the more recent stuff. It looks like Ubisoft is turning AC into a Call of Duty or Madden style yearly franchise, which is lame.

5. I agree with you guys in most respects about milking the franchise far too much, but the one thing I am very curious about is how much they are going to use the naval warfare from Assassin's Creed III, especially if they are pushing the visuals a bit more moving into the next generation consoles.

The battles between ships were one of the highlights of Assassin's Creed III. If the upcoming AC game has a pirate theme, I'd think there would be a lot of battles between ships, which is something I'd really look forward to.

6. AC3 was a train wreck. It was hampered with poor performance on the PC that they still haven't patched. The FPS stuttering was a widespread issue for PC users where they complained en masse on the Ubisoft forums. But with this announcement it looks like Ubisoft have long moved on since then. Not to mention their customer support regarding the issue was appalling.

Aside from the random stuttering and glitching, the game itself was boring. Compromised of small sequences of gameplay between frequent, long cutscenes. The story was garbage, the only character I felt was good was Haytham. So yeah, I don't think I'll be buying this game if the experience I had with AC3 is anything to go by.

Assassins Creed started losing its luster after Brotherhood, imo.

More interested in Watch Dogs, I really hope Ubisoft doesn't screw that one up.

7. There's a new beta driver that just boosted Watch Dogs performance a bit if you use an Nvidia card. It seems like Crysis 3 is running a bit smoother for me with it.