Black Friday in July

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bfun, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I'm wondering how long it will take for this Black Friday in July to flop.

There is supposed to be some PC component stuff which I'll keep an eye out for.

2. lol was looking for this with original title... rebuilt the entire search index just to find it!

Also, lol at Walmart and others trolling what was supposed to be Amazon's 20th anniversary sale.

- Fire TV Stick $15 off
    - Kindle, $30 off
    - Fire HD 7, $60 off
    - Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
    - 40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
    - A "brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV" for under $200
    - 50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
    - Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
    - Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
    - "Highly rated" binoculars, under $120
    - Two security camera-kits, $279.99
    - K'NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
    - K'NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
    - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
    - iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
    - Husqvarna mower, under $300
    - 40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
    - Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
    - Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
    - Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
    - Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
    - Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
    - Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
    - Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
    - 30 percent off some clothing, shoes, jewelry, and watches
    - 60 percent off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
    - Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
    - Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
    - 25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins

3. I'm not really seeing any amazing deals. It all looks like junk. What's all of the fuss about prime day?

4. It's supper whammy hyped to the MAX! The post office is on high alert. NewEgg just announced theirs as well. Starts in 5 minutes I think.

5. It's about as lame as a woot-off.

6. "Thank you all for staying up late for our huge amazing Amazon Prime Day extra crap that's collecting dust in our warehouse's sale!"

Glad I'm just doing a free trial of prime. These deals are super lame. Going to bed.

7. Pretty embarrassing so far. Why on Earth did they hype this? It's rubbish.

8. Is this any good? Need a portable PC but wasn't sure if it's too slow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZN5MLEU/ref=gbmh_mob_s-3_3967_7c12f52d?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&dealid=7c12f52d&pf_rd_p=591683967&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=35801&pf_rd_i=19&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=16RQ5GJE986P9WZQY6J1

9. You didn't link right, I'm assuming this is the one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-X200CA-11-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00ZN5MLEU/ref=sr_1_3?&ie=UTF8&qid=1436961745&sr=8-3&keywords=x200ca

The U in the CPU title means it's ultra low power, which translates to ultra shitty slowness.

It's hard to know if this is a deal in the UK at ~$250. I see i3 laptops for $300 on slickdeals so wouldn't touch this. But your default prices are quite a bit higher. When in doubt, call Grim! (and don't buy).

10. Cheers for advice. I ended up passing as wife wants something to be our main PC thing (laptop is ancient now and my desktop is creaking) so I'm thinking of a more powerful laptop. Nearly got one last year but ended up being loaned one by the school where I work (but it's shit).

11. I've scanned Amazon up and down for about an hour... near as I can tell the only deal to be had is the Giftcard with bonus. Even then, it's a flat $10 bonus so there is no reason to go above the smallest denomination... but I shop Amazon enough to where it's just a free $10 to me.

Amazon Fail Day is a bust. @cmdrmonkey it really does feel like they are cleaning out old inventory.

12. Well, they did say "more deals than Black Friday", not "better deals than Black Friday"…

13. There were a few good deals but they disappeared in <1 sec.

14. That MSI laptop went for 849.99 - 26% off its normal price of £1151.66 (sounds legit). All sold as well with a few minutes. Amazed at that, didn't seem that great a deal really.

15. Pretty sure their is a substantial number of ebay flippers that watch these sales. Anything that can be bought and then sold for a profit will go fast.

16. Look at the URL for the Crucial SSD:

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX100.../dp/B00KFAGCUM/

FAG CUM. LOL. Some intern is getting fired.

Crucial makes shitty SSDs that are notorious for firmware and controller problems so don't buy it.

17. That Lenovo went within a few seconds. What a crap sale.

18. This whole sale is crap. They're cleaning out the garbage they can't sell normally.

19. You should seriously look into the cost of a forwarding service to ship you a US laptop. Canadians on slickdeals have done this. Our everyday prices beat your sale prices by a large margin.

20. http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/15/news/amazon-walmart-prime-day-customers/index.html