Camera Corner

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bfun, Jun 19, 2015.

1. I have a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. The lens retraction system broke and now it just clicks. Do people get cameras fixed or is it cost prohibitive?

2. I would call and plead your case directly with Canon's repair center. You're better off coming across like a bumbling idiot than making demands.

I've repaired a DSLR directly from the Nikon. For some reason it stopped working after falling into the ocean. The repair was about 40% new retail pricing but they subsidized ~1/3 plus shipping.

3. Anyone have experience with action cameras?

4. What kind?

5. Any. I got a SJ5000 took some decent videos with it over the weekend but I might return it and get a Xiaomi Yi.

6. You check out the techmoan videos?

The xaomi seems to be pretty decent

7. I passed on it originally because I wanted a screen but I suppose that isn't too important. It has a similar sensor as the GoPro3 black which should do better in variable light conditions.

8. I did end up getting the Xiaomi Yi awhile ago. $65 is hard to beat and I wont cry if it gets dropped to the bottom of a lake. I've read too many stories about people buying $400 GoPro's and then losing them forever in some kind of action shot. Also 60fps is a big deal for motion. 30fps is fine for still shooting but it makes me feel ill when watching action shots.

[​IMG]