E3 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Jun 11, 2017.

1. No idea why we have not had a thread for this years E3 yet.

Nothing amazing shown from EA and Microsoft although State of Decay 2 and that A way out which looks interesting using co-op split screen

There's a new DBZ game coming out as well which is taking the old Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom look and gameplay which looks awesome. Might be my first fighting game in a long time.

Biowares new IP - Anthem:

Playstation is showing tonight I expect a good show from them as usual.

2. Evil Within 2 has been anounced. Really enjoyed the first. Hopefully they fix the few problems from the first.

3. Metro Exodus looks pretty ambitious. The first two were mostly on rails but this one could be more like Fallout.

LIFE IS STRANGE 2 Before The Storm will be a must buy for me.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The bar is high for this one.

4. I'm not sure what's more surprising about this video. Seeing Mario and Rabbids in the same game or seeing a Mario turn based RPG shooter like XCOM.

5. Well, damn. The show has barely got started, but ok.

So far.... Anthem is my favorite. Metro Exodus is my 2nd pick. And my 3rd pick is Cuphead! I love run and guns!

6. Beyond good and evil prequel announced as well. The crew 2 as well.

7. #7 Alpolio, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    I'm watching Sony's show right now and it's obvious that no one likes VR.

Just finished watching it. Sony's show was kind of on the lame side -- their show stopper was Spiderman??? Has Sony seriously lost their way? So, Ok... I'm sticking with Anthem as game of the show.

8. Yeah VR is shit except with Resi 7. Skyrim VR will be for Arma.

Sony winning E3 again and it wasent even that great. Monster Hunter coming to PS4 was my biggest delight. Spiderman looked shit hot as did the Uncharted spin off, God of war, Detroit and Dayz gone.

9. #9 Alpolio, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Monster Hunter World is going to be released on PS4, XB1, and PC. I agree that it should have been their show stopper, but I still liked Anthem better.

If it had of been Turok, I would have gave it the win. Love those Turok weapons. :)

On a side note: What's wrong with Black Desert? I'm not into RPG's, so I kind of skipped over it. But if I was into them, Black Desert looks pretty damn cool and the YouTubers seem to agree.

10. Full on Pokemon game has been confirmed for Switch but not this year. Told you all this would happen, switch is already selling well and this will push it even harder, the Pokemon crowd is huge.

Metroid Prime 4 too, nice.. And Metroid 2 remake for 3DS, no wonder they took down AM2R so quickly.

11. I don't quite understand what the purpose of Anthem is based on what they showed. It looks like it may fall into the same problems as Destiny.

12. Screenshot looks like tranny Zelda.

13. Fallout 4 VR has potential.

14. #14 Alpolio, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    This looked pretty cool. I saw it when I was browsing channels on Twitch & Mixer.

I love Star Wars and things that blow up! :p

And I also found some good stuff about Ark.

I wish that I was rich and then I'd just get them all.

15. I hope they improved the engine performance on ARK because it sucks big time.

16. Rapczak went into more detail with Wccftech during E3.

Instead of targeting 30FPS like on the other consoles, we’re targeting 60FPS for the Xbox One X. I would say most of the time for PS4 Pro you would be seeing 30FPS on PS4 Pro at 1080P, whereas with the Xbox One X you’re going to see double the frame rate at 1080P, 60FPS. We might even allow the frame rate to go higher than 60 FPS, but we’re still looking into that. Right now it’s actually uncapped but on a TV it’s not that useful [because they’re locked to 60Hz].

If you think about it, it’s kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It’s kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it’s equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that’s a pretty good deal for $499.

http://wccftech.com/ark-dev-xb1x-like-gtx-1070/

So it looks like the only way that you'll see that level of performance is with an XB1X or a PC with a GTX 1070. They just can't fix anything weaker than that.

17. I have been mostly disapointed by the lack of anything from FROMsoftware, I was hoping for Bloodbourne 2 or a new IP to appear at this event.

PSX isn't until December, maybe Sony wanted to hold on to it a little longer if there is anything there.

18. I thought 4A went under and had everything sold off by THQ. I guess they're intact and making another Metro game under new ownership.

19. 4A is still around which is surprising. They openly complain about THQ and their new developer Deep Silver. They also claim to do all their work on card tables and folding chairs and shut down when it gets too cold.

20. E3 is over with. Between Microsoft & Sony, Microsoft won E3. Sony's show was... weird. And it's the first time that I've seen a game reveal get zero applause. It was some VR game. Can't remember which one. But it was lame. I'm just waiting for a YouTuber to put a cricket chirping soundtrack behind it.

Microsoft's show was insane. They showed more games & more exclusives than Sony, which was truly surprising. Anthem was the best game at their show. A true Destiny 2 killer. The world was vast and lush. And I loved those Star Wars-ish giant mech walkers. I'm getting that XBX on day one. But even for gaming PC owners, a Win 10 purchase is still a win for Microsoft. :p

Anyway, here's a video that sums of my take of the trade show.