Gears of War 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lumzi, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Some multiplayer stuff

2. Gamespot gave it a 9.5/10.

I don't have an Xbox 360 any longer, but I would like to play it at some point.

3. I watched Gametrailers Video Review earlier and I still have no desire to play this. I had the first one and found it to be nothing but a generic grey game with annoying overly macho characters. The gameplay wasn't even all that good and I got so bored of it after the first few hours that I couldn't even force myself to carry on.

4. Shut your mouth!

Gears of War is amazing and I'm very much looking forward to playing number 3 tomorrow. Horde 2.0 FTW!

5. Horde 2.0 and Beast mode look like a tone of fun. I'll be picking up the game later though, I need to try an limit my distractions so close to my final exams.

6. What I really loved about gears was the multiplayer and that is what I looking forward to the most. It was amazingly fun.

That said, I will probably play the single player too. The only reason I didn't finish the single player of the first was because I found parts of it too scary.

7. Yeah, but multiplayer makes Halo fun. Proof positive that it's possible to polish a turd.

8. I can't rate it highly enough, I fucking love it! It's like Gears 2, only better in every way. Don't read about it, you'll just hear a load of crap about how the sawed off is overpowered blah blah. Just buy the game already.

9. I take it you use the sawn off then? You cheap bastard.

10. I don't use shotguns on Gears. I've got nothing against them, I just don't use them.

11. So do you use the longshot in close quaters then?

12. Nope. I don't use it in versus, can't hit people with it lol. I always use it on horde mode though. It's nice to down an enemy then switch to the longshot for the execution, although I just do the lancer execution because it's awesome. In versus I usually just use the lancer/chainsaw. I'll sometimes pick up other weapons like the boomshot, digger, hammer of dawn or the oneshot, but mainly it's the lancer.

The oneshot is my weapon of choice for boss battles on horde if it's available, if it's not there's usually a hammer of dawn or mortar in it's place. There aren't many bosses that can take a hit from the oneshot and still be moving.