Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bfun, Feb 27, 2023.

1. 12 million units sold and $850 million in sales in the first two weeks. Seems like a success.

I have about 22 hours on it now and although the PC performance is rather atrocious, the game is still pretty good for an RPG. I find my self doing more exploring and menial tasks just because I enjoy being in that universe. There are plot holes and things that needed to be change to create the RPG elements. For example, we're expected to kill a whole lot of baddies, but using an unforgivable curse is still evil while burning people alive is just fine.

The reviews seem pretty solid as well. I figured it'd get review bombed because of the JK Rowling drama.

2. It's a pretty good game. I think I'm at around lvl 28 and am a decent way into the story. I wish they had a "Very Hard" difficulty given "Hard" usually isn't that challenging, but I'm also probably not in the age bracket the game is targeting.

3. @supersonic

Yeah the stuff I'm doing is making Lord Voldemort look like a pretty decent guy, but I guess in this game universe it's normal for a Hogwarts student to commit a little homicide between potions and charms class.

But the lag is ridiculous. The fact that it continues into the menu screens makes me think it's a memory leak of some kind.