Trine 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by khaid, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I just noticed that armadeadn was late to the party with some games in the playstation online thread and chuckled but coincidentally I bought this title over the weekend during the steam sale. I was going to buy this title when it launched back in December but there was no bastard steam sale on it. I find it hilarious how all of us steam people feel so entitled to have a mega sale all the time now..

Anyhow, this is one of the prettiest indie titles I've ever played. The game itself isn't that demanding on your system but the art direction is fantastic. The gameplay is extremely fun too. Me and my friends put in a few hours last night and there were alot of laughs. Coop is very well done. Also, since it's a platformer, you would assume things would need a controller to be able to make complex jumps if you're on a PC. It actually plays extremely well on a mouse + keyboard setup.

http://youtu.be/btXW2vIQn2U

If you have friends (max 3 player coop), you need to play this game.

2. Definitely comes into its own in 3 player with fixed roles. I had many a trollolol screwing things up. Agree that it looks the part too - the use of lighting was really nice in particular.

3. Never play a co-op game with monsly.

The game was a massive improvement over the old title visually, I had to go back to the old game to remind myself how basic it looked.