Troller-in-Chief

Discussion in 'monkeyCage' started by bfun, Jan 30, 2016.

1. LOL good luck getting an accountant 3 days before the deadline. If you paid taxes to another state can't you just net it out against your home state? It's like that almost everywhere. You might have to pay the difference if the home state taxes are higher than the state you paid.

2. I think I got it figured out. I have to file with MS as a non-resident with 0 income. That should get my money back from them. Then I just file normally in Colorado and of course pay all my taxes at once. It looks like Colorado will wave the penalty for not paying all year.

3. Did she actually work in MS or just for an MS based company that didn't pay CO? If she actually performed work in MS they are going to want that tax. You're supposed to deduct it on the CO return. Working in multiple states is a pain in the ass.

4. She's never set foot in MS and the company isn't based there either. I'm going through the pay stubs and it's a mess. They seem to randomly choose which state she is working in each pay period. It also looks like they filed the last two weeks in 2018 as 2019 taxes.

5. These anti-abortion laws are pretty terrifying. The one in Alabama doesn't even make exceptions for rape and incest. The Georgia version would have the police investigate miscarriages. The people pushing these things are counting on legal challenges, and taking this to the supreme court with the ultimate goal being to overturn Roe v Wade.

6. #787 AKS, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    At some point Democrats are going to need to start to come up with good ideas. This is the type of crap will start to get passed when conservatives' opposition's platform revolves around screaming "That's racist, sexist, and Islamophobic!" and is too dumb for The Onion to parody. Trying to field someone like this for president doesn't suggest they're that serious about ever winning an election again:
    [​IMG]

The idea of a relative being legally required to carry to term and give birth to a rapist's baby is one of the most revolting thoughts I could have, but I don't see how Democrats are going to put up much of a fight focusing on the dumb shit they are obsessed with.

7. #788 cmdrmonkey, May 16, 2019
    None of their front runners are strong. Joe Biden will definitely lose, and it's looking like he's their top pick.

8. Indeed. There is some irony with conservatives wanting government to step up and decide what Americans can and can't do with their bodies. If this passes what next? Perhaps outlaw birth control all together.

9. I hope people vote with their wallets and move. Ironically, these are the shithole states that survive on federal tax dollars from liberals while trolling about liberal tears.

10. #791 cmdrmonkey, May 17, 2019
    I agree. If large numbers of people leave these states and stop doing business in them, that might get the point across that these laws are not acceptable. Poor women will be hit the hardest by these laws. Women with money will just leave and get their reproductive care elsewhere.

They tried to pass one of these laws here in Florida but it got shot down. It wouldn't surprise me if they try again though.

11. I just realized it won't be long before it has been a decade since I had not had to write in my candidate for an election. I wrote in Stein in 2012 and was so thoroughly disgusted with 2016 candidates I for the first time abstained from the vote entirely. It's going to be a Gabbard write-in for 2020, which to be honest I'd already decided on quite awhile ago. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to vote any other way but a write-in at this point.

12. Ok it’s been a full 3 years. Is Trump a Russian spy or not?

13. #795 cmdrmonkey, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    The timing of the assassination of the ISIS leader is very convenient and seems intended to distract from the impeachment. Maybe the whole thing was fake like the Russians are suggesting.

14. Maybe. Trump might have decided to cap him for a distraction. My bet is he was being followed for a long time. They've said his death didn't mean much in the ISIS hierarchy and there are 8 other people in the line of succession. He may have been more valuable as a source of information than dead. Also interesting, many locals will say he never existed at all and that he was an imaginary figure invented by either the US or Israel.

15. It's not really opinions and theories I'm looking for. But shouldn't we have concrete proof either way by now? I just don't get it.

16. His relationship with Russia is bizarre.

[​IMG]

17. What are the odd on impeachment? I think the most likely outcome is the house impeaches Trump and the senate finds him innocent. Less likely is the house decides not to impeach. The least likely scenario is the house impeaches Trump and the senate votes guilty.

18. Trump becomes the 3 US president to be impeached.

[​IMG]