Troller-in-Chief

Discussion in 'monkeyCage' started by bfun, Jan 30, 2016.

1. #101 cmdrmonkey, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    I was extremely disappointed in Bernie for endorsing Shillary. I thought he was a man of principle.

I'm getting comfortable with the idea of not voting. I feel so dirty even thinking about voting for either of these candidates. Con man vs Wall Street shill. I choose neither.

2. #103 cmdrmonkey, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    We already suspected everything was rigged in favor of Shlllary and that from day 1 Bernie never had a chance.

Hacked emails from the DNC pretty much confirm everything was rigged:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...46c260-51a9-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html

Shillary is so transparently crooked that she is going to lose to an orange reality TV clown.

Superdelegates should be abolished, and the people should pick the candidate, not the party.

3. Jesus... Hillary just hired her. What politician would do such a thing under the circumstances? This whole election seems like an elaborate troll job.

4. #106 cmdrmonkey, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    I guess it was mission accomplished as far as rigging the primary, so it was time to move on to helping Shillary with the next phase of the election.

Debbie tried to give a speech today and was drowned out by people booing and jeering at her:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/us/politics/debbie-wasserman-schultz-dnc.html

I'm really enjoying watching these two crooked political parties tear themselves apart. It makes me want to pull up a chair and get some popcorn.

[​IMG]

5. #107 cmdrmonkey, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    I think this is the most accurate assessment I've seen yet of Trump. He's basically playing a wrestling heel from the WWF/WWE Attitude Era. Heels are amusing assholes and trolls who say outrageous things to get the fans riled up. They're the bad guys, but very often the wrestling fans love them, especially when the face characters who are supposed to be the heroes are unlikable.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ofessional-wrestling/473652/#article-comments

Trump has made a lot of appearances on the WWE/WWF so it makes perfect sense. I was starting to feel like I had seen all of this before, and then I remembered the battle of the billionaires thing between him and Vince McMahon.

6. Trump is just a stooge for Russia. He's desperate for loans and investors for his real estate biz and other than Deutsche Bank, Russia is where he finds it. He's perfectly willing to sell out U.S. strategic interests and partners for some cash.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-boot-trump-russian-connection-20160725-snap-story.html

7. #109 cmdrmonkey, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    If Hillary and the DNC were not corrupt and rigging a primary election by actively sabotaging one of the leading candidates, the Russians would have had no dirt to dig up. Just blaming the Russians is myopic. The DNC brought this on themselves. Now Trump has all the ammunition he needs for his Hillary is a crook narrative.

The convention was pretty much all jeers, boos, and people chanting "Bernie" except for the speeches by Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders. Sanders was greeted with thunderous applause and supporters literally crying that he would not be the nominee. I'm not sure Hillary can come back from this. And if she were going up against anyone other than Donald Trump, she would be done. I think she's probably done anyway because Bernie supporters are not going to vote for her in large numbers after this betrayal.

The Democrats are throwing a really easy election by running an unlikable and transparently corrupt woman. The villain in this story is literally a Wrestling Heel, but the audience is cheering for the Heel because no one likes the Face. 68% of Americans think Hillary is not trustworthy:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/index.html

8. You didn't even read what I posted. Trump's campaign has close ties to Putin and the Putin-approved Russian oligarchy, regardless of the hacking, and Trump himself is so financially compromised that he's sold out to foreign money and influence seekers...to the extent that he's willing to compromise NATO itself to gain favor.

And the hacking is easily the equivalent of Watergate, except with a foreign power behind it. There is also ample evidence that the hackers EDITED the files too.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all-signs-point-to-russia-being-behind-the-dnc-hack

Now, logically, this is a MUCH bigger deal than Clinton's email server. It's actual criminal activity, and it's being done with the express purpose of undermining the general elections of the United States. It should be a huge news story, and instead it's being largely ignored by the mainstream press. You seem to think infighting inside the DNC, which is a private organization, is some sort of "rigging" scandal...but then focusing on actual criminal activity is "myopic"?

The truth about the Democratic primaries is that Sanders lost convincingly by popular vote in New York and California, which ended his chances at being the nominee. There are legitimate things to complain about regarding the way the primaries are run, but it doesn't really rise to the level of "rigging". Besides, the DNC is not a government entity, and doesn't even have to choose candidates through voting. They can literally do whatever they want to choose their nominee. I voted for Sanders in Massachusetts and he lost. That's it. The Democratic party isn't really majority progressive, so yelling and screaming about it being "rigged" is fairly dumb. There are more moderates and centrists right now than progressives. Democracy.

9. #111 cmdrmonkey, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    I think maybe Trump finally went too far:

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/27/487634941/trump-calls-on-russia-to-hack-into-clintons-emails

Calling on a foreign power to carry out cyberattacks on the US? Couldn't he be prosecuted for that? The implication was already there that he might have some connection to the Russian hack of the DNC. But this isn't implied, he's just coming right out with it. And this is not just some rival political party he's talking about hacking. Those are the emails of a government official. Isn't that treason? I guess he's an even bigger buffoon than we previously thought. And he could be a real life Manchurian Candidate trying to bring Putin style oligarchy to the US in exchange for business deals with the Russians. How can his nationalist fanbase support him after he says something like this? He apparently wants to undermine US democracy with the help of one of our enemies.

This is the dirtiest election I've seen in my life. And it keeps getting worse.

10. I dunno... that isn't an open invitation to hack her current emails. It's actually a pretty good troll about how they probably already have her deleted emails. Hillary did a good job of spinning him as some Russian puppet and this magnificent blunder plays right into that.

This late in the game neither side will convert voters. Only independent candidates will see a boost.

11. If he meant to troll it came out all wrong. He's said so many outrageous things before, but I think this might be the worst thing I've ever heard from him.

12. #115 cmdrmonkey, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Trump has jumped the shark. lol

I still think he's basically a wrestling heel. This interview is like something out a WWF/WWE press conference for their latest villain.

13. And now that he has officially be nominated he's be getting classified security reports. I wonder if he'll suppress his need to run his mouth or if he'll be able to act presidential. Silly question I suppose.

14. #117 cmdrmonkey, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    I think what Trump did might be a violation of the Logan Act.

15. For otherwise rational people, outbursts like this are the only reason to vote for Trump. We'll get 4 years of presidential twitter battles and on-demand trolling.

[​IMG]

16. #119 cmdrmonkey, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    The most ridiculous part is that he may still win simply because Hillary is so disliked and distrusted by a large part of the country.

The debates should be amusing. Trump is a relentless bully and troll and no one in his own party knew how to handle him. Is Hillary really that great of a debater or public speaker to where anyone thinks she can actually take him on? I've always thought she lacked charisma and came across as transparently fake. The worst is when she does that fake country or southern accent even though she's from Illinois.

Trump has proven that he is the king of trolls, but a Trump presidency would be a disaster. He would repeal Obamacare and replace it with nothing, probably do away with marriage equality since his VP is an angry homophobe, and appoint bad supreme court justices. He has a bromance with Putin and seems to want to rule us like a dictator. I love a good practical joke but I think it's time to get serious about who should really be president.

17. I think Hillary will be at a major disadvantage, as were the other republican nominees. Career politicians try to sway statistics and data in their favor, but most don't outright lie. Trump gives no fucks and says whatever pops into his head. Facts and data are no match for someone that can entertain and work an audience like he can.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/