US Throws Dead Soldiers in the Trash

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by cmdrmonkey, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Apparently the military had been disposing of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan by throwing them in a landfill with the garbage. This went on for four years. I really wish this were some Onion joke article, but sadly it's not. Shows you how much our country really values the men and women who serve. They get sent to die in pointless wars and then are literally thrown in the trash.

2. You can tell how little they value soilders lives based on their equipment. It's always stripped bare bones, because they don't want to lose expensive gear.

They are so stupid for doing this. All they had to do was put in a urn and give it back to the families. Fucking $700 billion dollar a year war machine shouldn't be hurting for cash.

3. What?! That can't possibly be true. Haven't you seen all the people with "Remember 9/11," "Support the Troops," and American flag stickers on the backs of their Buicks and pickup trucks? That proves they are sincere and care deeply for the military personnel they are willing to send in to stop the terrorists because the terrorists "hate freedom." It's obvious they have have carefully contemplated the costs and benefits of military action and care deeply for troop welfare.

4. They could have scattered the ashes at sea. They could have thrown them in a plot at Arlington. There are a lot of things they could have done. I can't get over how disrespectful and dare I say inhuman this is. This is about on par with taking a crap on someone's grave, and these were supposed to be fallen war heroes.

5. One of my friends who was an Army lieutenant began spending most of his own military pay on buying armor to rig up to the Humvees the people serving under him were using for missions. His people were getting cut to shreds because they had no protection, and he couldn't stand it any longer. Eventually a general swooped in and took over and started supplying armor himself, taking full credit for everything. Needless to say, my friend left the military as soon as his contract expired.

I can tell you from first hand experience the Marine Corps uses badly outdated gear for people in the infantry. They are using crap from the Vietnam era at times. I guess we're not spending enough of the US budget to give the cash that mostly goes to war profiteer contractors. There's simply not enough left over for keeping the people actually serving adequately equipped. Afterall, only 59% of the federal budget goes to defense.

[​IMG]

6. You see? A profitable business.