What email service do you use?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bfun, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I've been using Yahoo mail since it's very beginning. This year I paid for the upgraded service which has a much better interface but I don't think I'll pay for it again next year. At home I use MS Outlook as my interface. I also have a Google address which is my name but I only use that for personal business and close family communications. It's actually forwarded to my Yahoo account so I don't open it very often.

2. Gmail. I'm amazed that people still use anything else.

3. I still have Hotmail lol. I also have a nutscrape.net account! now that's old school. I say it's aim.com though.... sounds a little more retro. you can also call it aol.com all three go to the same place (much like hotmail.com, msn.com and so on...) I have a yahoo (geocities...) and a google (youtube) account... just don't use the email.

4. Gmail. It's so easy accessible that I am forwarding other mail services to it.

5. I use yahoo as my main account. I also have a gmail account for my LIVE account. My hotmail account is my junk mail account.

6. You'd be surprised. I think it's mostly because people don't want to abandon their original email account and go through the trouble of telling everyone their new email address.

It's kind of a pain in the ass too. I used to use an earthlink email account. Then that service eventually got cancelled abruptly and I didn't have a chance to change the email account on most of my services' account info. I had to wait a few days to get my steam account back in order.

I think a decent number of noobs ended up using gmail mainly because of android. A lot of the people I know that switched over was because they ended up getting an android device.

7. Just forward your old email address to Gmail. I've switched a ton of people over using forwarding.

Gmail gives you so much space and has such a nice online interface I really don't know why anyone would be using anything else at this point.

It's just like how I'm amazed people actually still use search engines other than google.

8. I switched to Gmail because it was nice an clean. Back then Yahoo Mail had too many ads and Hotmail had a 2MB cap.

9. I had a Gmail account from the very beginning, but I switched back to Hotmail. And I did it for one reason only.... Deltasync is now free with Hotmail. And it's the only service that I can use in my office with my phone. Nothing else can penetrate those walls without timing out all the time. The way it sync's the email, contacts, & calender with Windows Live Mail is a nice bonus too.

10. One thing that bothers me about gmail is the site takes longer than normal to load.. and on top of that, it times out on me every once in awhile. There was a long amount of time where I would just check my email from the gmail app on my phone rather than on the PC when I was using my PC.

Then I found out about pokki and just use that web app all the time now.

11. Been using yahoo since 1998 and see no reason to change. I've only started managing and regularly checking my emails since I got my iPhone. Before that I'd check once, maybe twice a month at the most.

12. I discovered something pretty cool. Hotmail via Windows Live Mail lets me send EXE's again. I hated how Gmail would automatically strip them out without giving you any options to retrieve them. I lost access to a Sonic CD WinXP patch that I had backed up online because of that crap.

13. Hotmail and Gmail. Hotmail is my main really.

14. Yahoo IMAP is working on desktop clients now.

Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Incoming server (IMAP): 993
    Encryption Level: SSL
    Outgoing server (IMAP): 465
    Encryption Level: SSL

I tested it and it seems to work. But I'm not dropping my Hotmail because of this. Active-sync is still better.