What Games Have You Bought Recently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monsly, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Not much in the last week:

Vikings: Battle of Asgard (PS3)
    LittleBigPlanet2 (PS3)
    EA Active 2 (Wii)

Not tried any of them of course.

2. I loaded up during the Steam holiday sales. Most of these were $5-10.

Just Cause 2
    Fear and Fear 2
    Dead Space
    Mirror's Edge
    GTA4 with expansions
    Supreme Commander 2
    Metro 2033
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2
    The Witcher
    Batman AA

3. You've got a lot of quality games in there - Should keep you busy for months. Batman AA was an amazing experience in particular. Ichi's high praise for it was completely deserved.

4. Xmen (PSN)

It's an online enabled version of the classic arcade sideways scrolling beat 'em up. I'm a sucker for these and I'm looking forward to trying a 5 player offline game this Saturday, should be cooool.

5. Hey when you get around to playing The Witcher, could you give me your opinion of the game? I've been asking around to see if anyone has actually played the game for a reasonable amount of time but so far I've had no luck.

6. Torq and bfun have played it I think; I think they were both positive about it.

7. Thanks for the heads up Monsly; I'll try to contact either of them.

8. I’m a fan of The Witcher. RPGs from lesser know developers tend to get ignored and I think this was the case for the Witcher. The fact that it never made it to a console probably didn’t help either. It’s a long game. I think I did it in 70 hours but I’ve heard it has 120 hours of content. That’s a heck of a lot considering the game is semi-linear. The game has a very dark theme and your character is morally ambiguous. Witchers were created to kill monsters but as the game goes on it appears that man is the greatest monster of all. The leveling system uses skill trees and there is a wide variety of directions to go.

9. I've bought the New Vegas, it's been discounted. I am about 3 hours into the game and like it, just as I liked Fallout 3. I will post my impressions in the appropriate thread from time to time.

10. I've got Demon's Souls and DJ Hero 2 coming in the mail.

11. BC2: Vietnam, on PC, DAH

Very good expansion, for not much money. Only 10 euros about.

12. You play the original DJ Hero? I really enjoyed that but I've not really got into the 2nd as yet.

13. No, I never did. In fact, I wouldn't have even bought DJ Hero 2 if the price wasn't so good. Not to mention the soundtrack is more my taste in the second one.

14. I'd have thought you'd like the first; it's got a very solid selection of tracks and some good use of Daft Punk which I'm sure you'd appreciate. I loved some of the DJ Shadow stuff especially. Let me know how you get on, be interested to hear.

15. You won't be disappointed with Demons Souls, Hawk. It is one of those once in a blue moon quality games. The difficulty can be a problem to some people, but co-op online play can sort that. The boss fights are amazing and they are always double your size and are very tricky.

16. Most recently I've bought Dead Space 2 (PS3; came with Dead Space Extraction), LittleBigPlanet 2, the Kasumi Mass Effect 2 DLC, and pre-ordered Killzone 3.

17. I just now bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 for my PS3! Awesome!!! :cool:

18. Hey AKS, I've heard from a friend who downloaded the leaked beta of Crysis 2 that it's extremely well optimised, so I reckon I'll pick it up for my PC.

I recently bought Supreme Commander 2 for less than 4 bucks off steam. I've yet to download it yet as my internet quota is only 20 GB for the month, so I'm waiting for when I know I can download it without going over the cap, as I have to play 20 cents a megabyte after that.

19. Ive played the Beta aswel, could play it @ Hardcore (highest setting) on 1920x1200. Havent tried 2560x1600 but might be good.

20. Apparently that leaked beta didn't have the correct graphics settings with it (most likely done by Cryteck as the leak was a publicity stunt) as Hardcore is actually the medium setting in the leak, so you've yet to see the game maxed out on your computer.