Fallout 4 PC Review

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8/10

I liked the exploration, settlement building, weapon and armor modification, and the enormous amount of content for the money.

I hated the clunky interface.

Thought the game had too many generic radiant filler quests padding out the unique and good content, and I thought the romance system felt forced in a game where the protagonist has just lost his wife and child. That Bethesda actually tried to give your character a backstory and some connection to the world instead of just making you a blank slate was different. I liked it, though I know a lot of people were not happy about it.

As much as I liked modifying weapons and armor, I hated constantly have to loot for junk to find components. Adhesive is pretty scarce early on and you need it to make everything, but you can farm it once you get settlements going, so at least there's that, but almost everything also takes aluminum, which I was constantly having to scavenge for.

I thought The Institute had a pretty good set of quests and I liked their ending. I wasn't a big fan of the other factions. The Brotherhood are evil fascists with a douche for a leader, the Railroad are whiny social justice warriors, and the Minutemen are so bland as to be obnoxious, especially that Preston Garvey guy.

As much as I'm complaining, I still had a lot of fun. It's got that open world sandbox appeal typical of Bethesda games and I got nearly 100 hours out of it. I guess I'll probably give MGSV or Witcher 3 a go next. A lot of people are saying those games are tied with FO4 for best of 2015.

This is how I roll

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This gun made super mutants a joke. Some of the easiest enemies in the game to kill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to keep the look of the town somewhat intact

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.