Grand Theft Auto V (GTA5) PC review

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cmdrmonkey, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pros: It has one of the most impressive, detailed game worlds I've seen yet. It's fun to dick around and cause mayhem. Trevor is the insane, over the top comic relief character this series desperately needed after GTA 4 was so dreary and depressing. Being able to switch between characters is cool. Sticky bombs are cool.

Cons: In a game that otherwise gives you so much freedom, the story missions feel really linear and by the numbers. I didn’t feel like the choices you could make before the heists had that big of an impact on the game. There aren’t enough heists that leveling up crew members really matters, and leveling up stats doesn’t seem to have that big of an impact. Take flying for instance. The planes still handle like crap even if you take flying lessons. The missions also feel pretty random and disconnected, or at best loosely connected. I never really felt like they developed into a bigger overall story arc. That's not to say that there are no fun missions. There are a few. They're just mixed in with a lot of dull, linear filler missions. Even the final mission is all over the place. It was like they couldn't find a way to tie all of the stories together, so they just have the characters go off in three different directions and take out different boss type characters from the storylines.

Also, with how crash prone this buggy game is, it really annoyed me that I couldn’t save during missions. Having to repeat the same 30 minute long heist mission five times because the game keeps crashing and you can’t save anywhere during the mission gets very tiresome.

7.5/10 – fun but also incredibly overrated. Most of the fun comes from murdering random people and causing mayhem, not the missions. The missions feel like a chore to get better weapons to use to murder random people. I guess you could say that about most GTA games. I would just think by this point they would focus on making the story missions better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.