Tomb Raider (2013 Reboot) PC Review

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cmdrmonkey, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8/10

Really similar to the Uncharted series. I enjoyed the game play in Tomb Raider quite a bit. The shooting and climbing were pretty polished and it has good level design. There are quick time events, but they aren't done in a way that's annoying.

That being said, I think the Uncharted series has better storytelling. The storytelling in Tomb Raider felt a bit shallow to me. A lot of it is told through journal entries which you have to go out of your way to find, none of the characters are very interesting other than Lara, and I feel like the mysterious island setting has become kind of a cliche.

Still, I thought they did a good job of creating a sense of danger in the early parts of the game. Lara is initially weak and totally outmatched. There are a couple of scenes early on that are kind of rapey that make you feel powerless. Over the course of the game she basically turns into Rambo, complete with exploding arrows.

I think anyone who likes Uncharted will probably like the new Tomb Raider and vice versa. I had fun with this and I'll probably give Rise of the Tomb Raider a go at some point now that it's on Steam.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.