Troller-in-Chief

Discussion in 'monkeyCage' started by bfun, Jan 30, 2016.

1. #881 cmdrmonkey, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    There's no way Ghislaine Maxwell will ever be allowed to testify. She will be "suicided" just like her boyfriend and fellow kid diddler Epstein.

2. That was under a more competent administration and a normal year. In this “let it burn” climate of 2020, I give her a 50/50 chance.

3. #883 cmdrmonkey, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Trump probably just won himself reelection with his covid relief executive orders. He made the Democrats in the house and senate look like they can't get anything done and are willing to let Americans go homeless over politics. Also due to the recency effect people will probably remember this more than his screw ups with downplaying the virus early in the pandemic.

Also I think the BLM and defund the police stuff is backfiring on the Democrats. They come away looking like they support rioting anarchists who want chaos. I think the police have serious problems with brutality and militarization and need to be reformed to more of a public servant role. But the current movement for this is a mess and I think it's divisive and out of step with most of the country.

I also just can't imagine large numbers of people will turn out to vote for Biden. The polls have been off in the past two elections. And just because large numbers of people hate Trump doesn't mean they are going to vote for Biden. Trump also has an extremely loyal fanbase that will vote for him.

I think a lot of people are about to have their minds blown when Trump easily wins reelection.

4. He also reduced the $600 payment to $400 and said 25% of that has to come from the state. It could take the states months to set up the payment system. He provided some immediate relief but I'm not sure what people will think when the checks are $200 to $300 less. I believe the eviction moratorium also expired.

5. Regarding BLM backfiring on the D, there has been a surge in voter registrations since the protests started. During the early months of the pandemic, registrations were a bit depressed. By all accounts, the surge in registrations is in favor of the Democrats while Republican registrations have flatlined.

Really though, who knows? I think a lot of people’s minds were made up on this election a long time ago. They either do not want more Trump and are alarmed at his administration, or they can’t get enough of his style. Recent events are perhaps just spurring them to actual action? Whatever the case, the numbers are going the Democrats way.

But maybe Trump puts himself on Rushmore, arrests all the new registrants and poor people, and loses all the mail for the next six months. He might win then.

6. #886 cmdrmonkey, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Biden just sealed his fate with a running mate no one really likes who is basically a black version of Hillary Clinton. Warren or Sanders would have gotten young progressive voters to turn out. Kamala Harris is a dud. She was a dud in the primaries. Even black people and women don't like her.

7. Kamala Harris was also nuked out of the race by Tulsi Gabbard within a couple of minutes. Who is worried about competing with "Heels Up" Harris? I can't imagine the Sanders crowd is feeling enthusiastic about this, either. The VP usually isn't particularly important, but with Biden she may end up serving more of his term than him.

• lol lol x 1
  8. #888 cmdrmonkey, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    @mizzle

We are living in bizarro world now where a narcissistic orange reality TV conman/game show host guy is running the country, so who knows what crazy thing will happen next. It's possible that Trump hate is so strong at this point that the Democrats having a pretty lame ticket won't matter and Biden will still get elected. We do have unemployment on a massive scale not seen since the Great Depression and a deadly virus running rampant that Trump's incompetence played a big role in worsening.

9. Could be. Biden has the numbers right now is all I’m saying. And he has for a while. Not to mention he is stronger than Clinton in ‘16, moving outside of that margin of error that doomed her.

There’s a lot of reasons for it. Whether it’s Trump invading Portland and shooting moms, to Trump invading churches to gas priests, or Trump giving a pass to Putin on soldier bounties, or the massive unemployment, or the coronavirus response, or California voters moving to other states, or Trumps relationships with Epstein and wishing Ghislaine well, or his trade wars that hurt Midwest farmers... honestly, Biden doesn’t have to do much besides show up.

He was already terrible in the primary debates and ran away with the nomination. Trump may be appealing to his base, but there are less boomers than ever and Gen X and Millennial voters aren’t really Republicans.

Remember, Trump isn’t really all that popular to begin with, his people are just loud and noticeable. If there is actually anyone left who is still so undecided that Harris is their tipping point, that’d be something. But it’s true, people really don’t like this guy. They would give dubya a third term if it would get rid of him.

The fact that Trump campaign members are moonlighting for Kanye should tell you all you need to know. They think Democrat hip hop fans are going to turn away from Biden and head West in states like Wisconsin and Michigan? Pennsylvania? Might work in Florida, though.

10. I'm convinced the Democrats are trying to throw another election. You couldn't do much worse than Biden/Harris. I guess they are going to stick with the political ideology of "we're just like the republicans, only nicer".

I think they'll win against all odds. The country is just too tired of winning so much... We just can't win anymore...

11. #892 cmdrmonkey, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Their strategy in the last election was to run bland moderate status quo candidates, push feminism and identity politics (I'm with her!) to try to distract from not actually being progressive on anything that matters like healthcare or student loans, and hate on Trump. Their strategy this time is identical. Actual progressives who want real changes have been sidelined again. Have things changed so much that a failed strategy is suddenly going to work? It will be interesting to watch that's for sure.

12. Today Trump said he's blocking funding for the postal service to prevent mail-in-voting during the pandemic. Meanwhile mail sorting machines and mail drop off boxes are being removed from service in what looks like an attempt to slow down service. The Postmaster General, a major Trump financial supporter, has also banned overtime, started a hiring freeze, and requested early retirement of employees.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, “if we cannot deliver all the mail due to call offs or shortage of people and you have no other help, the mail will not go out."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ts-going-post-office-what-we-know/3360565001/

13. The problem is actual progressives who want change don’t actually vote. Or Bernie would’ve been the nominee.

The Dems are taking the antifa/defund the police argument away by nominating a cop as VP and the guy that wrote the bill giving cops super powers as Prez.

What I don’t get is the post office attack. Don’t elderly voters skew GOP and all vote by mail? It’s like he just hears things and runs off with it. Disinfectant treated blood and mail fraud.

Anybody think there’s a Russian piss tape out there?

14. 2020 is the gift that keeps on giving. RBG has died. So a seat on the supreme court is open. Trump will no doubt replace her with someone awful.

15. Obama asked her to retire.

16. We don’t appoint people to the supreme court in an election year.

17. #898 cmdrmonkey, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Trump and McConnell have said they're doing it anyway, precedent be damned.

18. It is with their constitutional powers to do exactly what they are doing. It’s a shame they want to act this way but whatever.

Maybe after the next 40 years of American taliban white supremacy court eroding our rights we won’t vote for a reality show con man again. Boomers had Reagan, Millenials have Trump.

I bet he nominates a catholic abuelx to solidify Florida.