A Zombie Apocalypse MMO - coming to Xbox Live??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ichiban, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I was just reading through some of the news sites and found a small article on CVG's website about a new MMO set in after the zombie apocalypse. There was a better article on 1UP that I found so i've took some of the core parts of the interview/article and posted them here..He's making some pretty bold statements

You can find the article here: http://www.1up.com/news/ultimate-zombie-mmo-xbox?pager.offset=5; worth a look at the concept art at least.

I've always liked the idea of an open world Zombie game; something like GTAIV but the city is over-run and the whole point is to survive. I especially like the open world aspect, it has the potential to have groups forming alliances or maybe fighting each other for resources. Like the comic and tv show of The Walking Dead; it's not the zombies who are evil...

I think it has potential for sure...

2. I like the idea of this. Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 were great games, but they only had so much to offer. Once you had played through the maps on a few difficulty settings, there wasn't much left to do. A big open world is clearly the next step.

3. If they could create a large scale online zombie game in a similar vein of 28 days later, having to band together to survive, perhaps make it to some mythical safehaven.

4. That's exactly how I feel. I might put them on now and then if I'm feeling in the mood but they were shortlived experiences and the only reason I bought L4D2 was because it was so cheap in the Steam Sale. I like the idea of an open world game; there's a lot of potential there if they can do it right.

That's the ultimate goal. Reading that article, it seems they're going to test the water with a single player game so it should be interesting to see how that turns out.