android ¹°°

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Grim, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Its not a tablet its the Nexus 5, the Nexus 7s are both on 5.0.1 and are doing much better.

In running apps you can see services restarting over and over again which is a known bug in 5.0 and I assume that is chewing up CPU time and battery.

2. Yeah I'm having battery problems as well. The phone doesn't seem to be making it past 6 PM before it's dead and that's with light usage. The other issue I've had is the wireless charger doesn't always charge. It makes a noise like it starting but then later it's not charged at all.

I noticed some people are switching to custom ROMs.

3. Google released 5.0.1 for nexus 5 today, hopefully the phones pick it up soon!

4. Flashed it

5. Thought about it but then it looked too complicated and I gave up.

6. I used a one step program.

Just waiting for it to hit my watch

Hmmm they changed the green of hangouts

7. Don't you just dump the file onto the phone and run it? My colleague did it on his Nexus 5 when 5.0 hit, he got impatient waiting and so just downloaded the OTA file.

Hangouts on my Moto G changed last week and that is still on 4.4.4 (although I believe 5.0.1 is now out there somewhere for it).

8. I only flashed the relevant imgs and I had to reroot and put on a new kernel

9. Which kernel?

10. I use fauxkernel.

11. Definitely seems less laggy after being on for a couple of days. Looks like they fixed the memory leak thing.

12. My 5 finally got the update. It already seems snappier when it wakes up. It used to take about 6 seconds to open the dialer and now it's instant.

13. Yeah my wifes 5 is only needing charge once a day now, seems they fixed the issues pretty well.

14. What's her sot?

15. This.

Should also say that last charge didn't get to 100%,

Not sure if Tapatalk has attached this properly. 7h 28m, when I can be bothered to turn laptop on will repost later if not.

16. Bloody hell. What does she actually do on it? If you posted that on XDA, she'd be accused of witchcraft and of being a bullshitter of the highest degree.

I tend to get between 4-5 hours

17. That's hard to believe.... if you sleep 8 hours, the screen is on 28s/minute the rest of the day?

I also average about 4.5 hours.

Edit: Now that I think about it though, I spread my usage across many devices.

18. Can you see the image? It shows the time.

Found an image host that would let mr upload from a phone.

[​IMG]

19. Yeah. I saw it, it just seemed really high for an everyday usage number.

20. She has loads of games and stuff installed, that may account for some