android ¹°°

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Grim, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Also, while I prefer the look of over saturated Samsung colors, the iPhone 6 has a better cam. It takes steadier pics without OIS than the Samsung with OIS.

As far as software support, Samsung usually leaves you sucking wind after 6 months. One of my biggest pet peeves.

2. there has been some speculation that Apple will be switching to amoled displays within the next 2 generations. bad part is that it most likely won't be the same quality part as the samsung super amoled displays

3. I switched the colour profile on my 6p to sRGB. The oversaturated oled look is just nasty.

4. Alright...Nexus 6 32GB for $250 vs LG G3 32GB 3GB mem for $180...Go!

I'm actually looking for myself this time and this would be a secondary phone to my iPhone 6.

5. If your phone usage is low and your phone spends much of its time on a desk and the nexus 6 has marshmallow, the doze feature can drop battery drain down to around 1%/h

6. I really like the Xperia Z3 but $450 seems a bit high for such an old phone.

7. It's still a decent phone. The only real difference between it and the z5 is the processor (801 vs 810) camera (21mp vs 23mp) and fingerprint sensor.

Sony's stamina mode on their phones apparently can give you up to two days battery life.

If I wasn't a nexus person, my phone would be a Sony.

8. The wife surprised me and went for the Nexus 6. Hopefully Marshmallow will help with the battery life.

9. Thoughts on Project Fi? It sounds like a good deal and might sway me towards the Nexus.

10. who's your provider now? it basically uses sprint and tmobile which both together aren't even as large as att or Verizon on their own.

but if you're on t-mobile or sprint right now, then you'll get something better.

11. The wife has AT&T and I have Verizon but we've both been on Tmobile. Of the three I actually like Tmobile. Wife likes AT&T. For the most part they are all identical in my area. I was more concerned about the Wifi performance. It seems to me that hopping from hotspot to hotspot could eventually lead to a bad spot. Of course I haven't seen any reviews saying it's an issue and from what I've read there is a good chance my bill will be less than $25 a month.

12. Ended up getting the LG G4 on sale for $350. Spare battery, expandable storage, and camera controls won me over.

13. Indeed. After just 3 days I think the Nexus 6 is going back. The wife is a heavy user and the Nexus 6 is close to dead around 4 PM. AT&T started rolling out Marshmallow but it has come to this phone yet.

So, what are some android phones with great battery life? Reviews are all over the place. One will say excellent battery life while another will say bad. Who to believe?

14. Despite what the nooblets looking will tell you... the latest Samsung flagship will typically be the best Android you can get. Cmdrmonkey isn't too far off saying most are cheap iOS knockoffs. Stock Android is usually several features behind TouchWiz include ultra power save mode.

15. Well in the end my wife was worried she wouldn't get her text messages if she switched to Android. I thought that was silly but I guess it's a real issue that can usually be fixed but not always. So I gave up and got her an iPhone 6 plus.

As for myself I got the LG G4 and I'm very happy with it. For the most part I like it better than my iPhone 6 but IOS still has better memory and battery management. It's supposed to get Marshmallow next month so I'm hoping there will be some improvements.

16. you made the right choice. always just get what the lady wants

17. Android is shit, you shouldn't have left windows phone

18. My Nexus 5 power button stopped working, and therefore so the phone(at least I hope that is the problem, seems common). It was wonky in the last few months, I sent it for warranty but they said nothing is wrong with it. So now I'm abroad and it stopped working completely and the warranty is expired as of today.

It was such a good phone tho. Will always miss it. Maybe it would be repaired but I have to buy a new phone in the meantime.

19. The nexus 5 has a magnet sensor on it. My wife had a case that auto wakes hers when she opens the case. If you can get it on you could use one of those..