Android Security

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bfun, Nov 15, 2012.

1. I’ve begun to realize that Android is not a very secure OS especially in regards to APP permissions. Why does a game of solitaire need access to my text messages and personal contacts?

What security programs are your guys running if any? I’m trying NQ Mobile Security but I find it lacking. I was thinking of running a firewall that could limit an APPs ability to reach the Internet but I’d have to root my phone and I haven’t been willing to do that yet.

2. Re: Android Security

you're doing the right thing looking at app permissions before installing apps. that's basically the best you can do for now. This is google's current solution for it as they don't review apps. it allows transparency so you can decide if you want to install it or now.

I don't use any scanner or anything. I just review app permissions before installing some unknown app. otherwise, I just install known apps.

3. I've had a wonderful experience. I sent an email from my phone which I never do and somehow every person I've ever emailed or been email by was sent a hello message along with a link to a fake news article about a vitamin supplement. I'm pretty sure it was an app on my phone. Looks like I need to wipe my phone.