Apple 2015: iOS9 + iPhone6s

Discussion in 'Technology' started by supersonic, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Received the Pro today and my first impression is that it immediately makes the standard iPad seem way too small. The size really is perfect for any published media that is photo/illustration/graphic heavy. Blows away the old one for that.

2. Got our first broke on arrival 6s in today at work, opened it up and went to set it up for the user and noticed the right side of the screen was full of shadows. Replacement comes in early next week. Only 64GB model we've invested in and sods law it comes in broke, all the 16GBs have been fine.

3. I should have a 6s plus by next tuesday. I got a rewards offer that covers $650 of an off contract smartphone purchase on ATT. Figured an iphone would be a safe bet with a strong resell value if it doesn't work with my usage.

4. Khaid moving to an iPhone? RIP Android.

5. iphone 6 and ios8 was the turning point for me. there were a lot of design changes in those 2 things that really intrigued me. iphone 6s sealed the deal when I saw that apple moved to nvme for storage.

using an ipad air 2 for the last 2 months really eased me in to some of the changes I'm gonna be dealing with. the best feature ever that I'm sure barely anyone appreciates is that ios's clipboard can store images rather than just text. this is something android is missing but makes up for with its robust share intent. so on ios, i can just go google photos and copy a photo to clipboard and then go into something like google hangouts (which isn't part of ios's share intent) and just paste it.

furthermore, this is something i can't do in android. i can browse to a photo in safari, long press the image and copy to clipboard, and paste into google hangouts and it'll appear as an attachment. best you can do on android and just share the link to the image or you have to download the image and then share it as an attachment.

works on animated gifs too.

6. I've never noticed a difference between IOS 7,8, or 9. They all seem the same to me. Android is a bit different as the older versions are a little ugly and Jelly Bean is a battery killer. I haven't seen Marshmallow yet.

7. so i've been using this 6s plus for about 5 days so far and there's been no huge issues i have run across. i use mediamonkey beta which can sync to the iphone/ipad so i've been able to avoid itunes software wonkiness. my only wish is that apple adopt the aptx codec for bluetooth in the near future (unlikely) as all of my bluetooth headphones support it.

the one big.. hell, huge thing, that is a perk to me is the standby time on ios. i went 16hrs off the charge with about 1.5hrs usage time and my iphone was at 90% battery still. for anyone on android, they know that this sounds impossible, but it is what it is. android has the shittiest standby in the existence to mankind and it has been a problem since when android was created. doze feature on marshmallow will help, but that's only situational when the phone isn't moving at all.

8. Better battery over-all. The 10% battery alert on the iPhone means I got at least another hour left. 10% alert on android means

[​IMG]

9. I dunno... wait a couple months. I find the iPhone battery goes to shit faster than the Samsung Note. I'm also able to easily automate modular control of battery usage on Android/Samsung. It gives better results overall, IMO.

10. My nexus 6p left overnight for 8 hours drops around 1-2% battery which is pretty cool, coming from a two year old nexus 5.

11. It's a Thanksgiving miracle: my Apple Pencil has finally shipped!

12. They stylus ships separate from the tablet?

13. Yeah, it's an accessory, and apparently difficult to manufacture in quantity right out of the gate. EBay gold at the moment.

14. I didn't realize this until you posted it... the last 2 weeks I've just been copy pasting. In my use case, it's probably the biggest time saving feature I could have. You still rocking the iPhone or move to something better?

15. yea images on clipboard is amazing.

still rocking an iPhone right now. the only thing I've been salty about is no aptx support for bluetooth since I primarily use bluetooth headphones with my mobile devices. other than that, I've been perfectly happy especially with the nuts standby time.

I think the iPhone 7 will be a safe bet for me next September

16. Not sure if Google is intentionally trying to nerf up their stuff on iOS.

The Google Voice app isn't accept calls directly on iOS anymore. Requires Hangout app to receive calls....

The YouTube app only buffers the last 3 searches on iOS. Compared to virtually my entire search history on Android. Makes going back to different music videos super annoying.

17. is your call forwarding set up correctly? people calling my google voice number show in the native ios dialer.

18. I don't forward it directly to my phone... previously the GV app would receive the call over WiFi/LTE. But now you need Hangouts to do this. Not a big deal, but I don't see why I need 2 apps to do what one did.

19. Ah, I see. I would've thought you'd be happy about that since the Google Voice app looks like it's stuck in ios4 era. ;)

20. Haha, I actually just got done organizing GV through the webpage, since the app doesn't multi-select feature.