Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Apparently ubisoft are keeping both versions at 900p30 for parity and to avoid "troublesome debates"

2. I loved their damage control. It was utter nonsense. The original quote was, "We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff." And their followup explanation was, "We understand how senior producer Vincent Pontbriand's quotes have been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, we did not lower the specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity to account for any one system over the other."

"Lock them at the same specs to avoid all of the debates," means that they were locked at the same specs to keep one console from having an advantage. What other meaning does that quote possess? Do we need to play it backwards to find out?

3. Hasn't this AC got some sort of link with MS? I wonder if parity was part of the deal? Incredibly stupid to say that to the public, bound to cause a bit of a shit storm.

4. By now everyone knows that PS4 is capable of a little more than X1 so they have intentionally gimped the game to make M$ happy.

What a waste of time.

Black Flag released at 900p on PS4 and X1 but the PS4 version got patched to 1080p later on so there is hope. I will just avoid it for now, not going to give my money to a company that admits gimping a game.

5. I just read on Eurogamer that Ubisoft is now claiming that the games final specs aren't locked down. I guess that they realized that the Sony userbase is bigger than the Microsoft user base. And favoring MS would not be that profitable.

6. Ubisoft are giving away the first DLC for free to compensate players.

If you already purchased the season pass you can choose from The Crew, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015 for free.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/assassins-creed-unity-free-dlc,news-49312.html

7. Far Cry 4 and The Crew = Good Deal.

8. No feudal Japan or ancient Rome for the next AC game…it's going to be Victorian London. Can they resist including Jack the Ripper?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/02/report-next-years-assassins-creed-heads-to-london/

9. It seems Ubisoft had to do a lot of work to fix Unity, so much so infact that they had to replace entire parts of the map. What does this mean? It means a 6.7GB patch!!!!!

Worse, for XBOX ONE users there is an issue where it downloads the entire game at 40GB when you try to patch it which is apparently an error.

I feel for anyone on anything less than 20Mbit internet as this is going to take a long time!