Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monsly, May 6, 2011.

1. I had no idea this had just been released on Live. If you've never played it before, it's basically a sort of omni-directional bullet hell shooter with puzzle elements. I bet that's cleared it up. Previously this was on the N64, Dreamcast and DS - I completed the DC version a few years back and it was a simply amazing game. I'll post up my impressions later - could be much later as my download speeds seem to be around 56k at the moment.

2. Good old VM, if its a UBR fault expect to have it fixed by October.

I am not sure where I stand on Bullet Hell games. I kind of enjoy them until I get to a point where it seems almost impossible to dodge anything and then I get stressed out and turn it off.

3. Took about 45 minutes for 200ish MB. Tsk. Not sure what I make of it so far; it's really tough and the mechanics are very poorly explained. Maybe if you love very tough challenges then it would be fun but I haven't enjoyed it anywhere near as much as the DC version. Feels a bit too serious in tone and the levels seem to only have one proper method for completing them. Hmmm, shame really.

4. It should have taken 90 seconds on a 20Mbit connection!

I won't bother with it then, as I say I am not a big fan of bullet hell at the best of times and if it is winding you up then it is bound to do the same to me.

5. It seems to be a version of Bangai-O designed for real hardcore players so I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. It's just not a particularly joyful game compared to the earlier versions.