Bestest Biscuit Ever Thread!

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by chi, Feb 3, 2011.

1. I have the Creme crackers and they're a bit too think for my liking. I also have those square diamond crackers and they are also too think. I can't imagine dunking them in chocolate milk but they might be good covered in jelly.

2. If you aint dunkin them in hot chocolate than you aint consuming them right :p but I really don't understand how I get so many questionable stares about talking about dunking things in hot cocoa... it's basically cereal just warm.

I might just like it cuz I grew up with it. like poi or spam. or ausies and their vegemite :/.

3. I almost forgot about these. A puff pastry consistancy with jammy goodness in the middle. So moreish.

[​IMG]

4. But that is not a biscuit then is it.

5. It's crunchy and delicious and is in the biscuit aisle of my supermarket, so it must be.

Whilst we're being finicky, what's up with breadsticks? That's like no bread I've ever tasted.

6. Jaffa Cakes are in the biscuit section but those are not biscuits. You said puff pastry, and that is a type of cake.

I don't know, they taste like the bread has gone off and turned hard. Weird.

7. It's like puff pastry but a crisper, crunchier version. Puff pastry biscuitised, as it were.

Jaffa cakes ARE biscuits.

8. FOR THE NEIGHBORs!!!

9. Jaffa Cakes is not a biscuit you nutter. It consists of a sponge like substance which is nothing to do with a biscuit. It is called a Jaffa Cake for a reason.

10. Of course it's a biscuit, it looks like a biscuit, goes in the biscuit aisle etc

11. My personal favorites are Arnott's Tim Tams. I am not sure if any equivalents exist in either the United Kingdom or in the United States, but they sure as hell are tasty. I do not usually buy a packet, but when I do they don't end up lasting long!

http://annychih.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tim-tams-original-45.jpg

Blast; are their particular tags for a picture or is it just because I used google images....

12. Technically its currently classified as a cake and as such you do not pay VAT on them. There was a court case about it years ago and the judge ruled it was a cake as it goes hard when stale, unlike a biscuit which goes soft.

I forgot to pull you up on that, I saw you going on about the moisture content of biscuits being the reason they go soft somewhere else in this thread. Wasn't that on Jimmy's Food Factory? It looked like you have repeated what was said on the show almost word for word Mr knowledge stealer!

13. What food factory? You watch a lot of food programs, bit worrying. Gah, I was trying to see how long I could argue with phisix for, I know the difference between a Jaffa cake and a biscui.

14. Garibaldis. I like.
    [​IMG]

15. See I don't like the Garibaldi at all, the biscuit is too dry and flavourless.

16. The fruit gives it a nice chew though, you just don't understand the subtleties grim, for you it's all "I want sugar in my mouth NOW"

17. Not at all, I really like some biscuits with fruits in just not that one. Infact one of my favourite biscuits is..

[​IMG]

So :p

18. Shortcake has got to be one of the sweetest types of biscuit out there, so my point still stands. So :p

19. Jaffa cakes are technically a biscuit as they are stored in a biscuit tin and you'd never find one on a cake trolley at a restaurant.

20. No they arnt you weirdo! You keep them in the plastic and seal the end to stop them going stale. In the summer they should be kept in the fridge so they can be a refreshing cold snack.