Better Call Saul - AMC's Breaking Bad prequel

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by supersonic, Feb 10, 2015.

1. A tangential prequel to Breaking Bad follows Saul back when he was James McGill. Mike Ehrmantraut & Tuco Salamanca are the only other returning characters so far.

Considering Breaking Bad is arguably GoAT, this has monster hype to deliver on.

2. I really want to see this. Is it on their website yet? I have a DVR but for some reason I refuse to use it.

3. Can't you just watch it on netflix?

This is good timing for me. I watched the first 4 seasons a few years ago after monkey said it was possibly the finest television he'd witnessed. and loved it. A while later I heard they'd made a 5th season. Didn't bother watching it for some reason. A month or so ago I decided I should watch it but it's been so long since I saw it I should probably re-watch the entire run to refresh my memory. I'm half way through season 3 now it won't be long before I run out of episodes. Better Call Saul should be a good replacement, I like Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad.

4. Netflix is going to release it on Bluray after the season 1 is over. They may offer a streaming option at some point but either way it's not available right now.

5. It's available a-la-carte or by season pass on iTunes in the U.S. Two episodes are currently available, with the first being offered for free at the moment.

6. Saw this on the AMC.

7. I felt like the last episode with Mike was the best episode of the show so far. It made the character seem a lot more human, and makes you understand why he's so bitter and stoic. His son was a good cop who Mike turned corrupt so he could blend in and not have the other cops turn on him, and the other crooked cops still killed him anyway.