Castle of Illusion HD Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Apr 15, 2013.

1. If the Ducktales remake was not enough the awesome Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion is being remade too.

2. Again with the duck tails.
    [​IMG]

3. I don't know why we keep doing it. ;D

Hoping for a gameplay video or shots soon as those cutscenes show nothing really.

4. I'd have loved a proper 2d version. Hopefully they include the original with this; loved that game back in the day. Might watch a youtube run to remind me of it. Last time I played it, I got my arse totally kicked.

5. Castle is easy, even casually you can finish it in under 30 minutes o reckon.

6. I don't have the patience for it anymore, I fell off a swing one too many times. Would love to see the cake level on my new telly. I think my eyes could melt.

7. They should pack it with a World of illusion Remake tbh.

8. Yeah. I loved it because it's a great stress reliever. The easiest game that I owned back then was Shadow Dancer and I played it every time I needed to recover from a bad day. And I currently own that on Steam. I just wish that the original Illusion games were on Steam.

9. Just emulate them. Simples.

10. I always preferred Mickey and Donald in World of illusion. It was one of the first games I played to feature coop two player. There were some sections of levels that only appeared in two player as you'd have to help each other reach high platforms and such. One player would then haul the other one up using a rope, which was oddly satisfying. It was also pretty hard to complete. This was of course from a time when it was possible to actually lose at games.

That music. My childhood. Forget this Duck Tales and Castle of Illusion nonsense, this is a game that I would buy a remake of.

11. The game also changed depending on whether you were playing Donald or Mickey in single player, yes parts of the level were the same in all 3 modes but essentially you got 3 games in one with this one.

12. I always preferred using Mickey. I actually emulated World of Illusion a few years back and it still stands up today. I did finish it quite quick though.