Cool Cars You\'ve Actually Spotted Yourself While Out And About...

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Armadeadn, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ...then took pictures of it/them and posted it/them here. I can't reall get the ball rolling as I'm at work but when I get home I'll upload a bunch. Wish I got a pic of the one and only Ferrari F40 I ever saw on the road. Curses!

2. I saw a kit car the other week that was meant to be an F40 based on an MR2. It was not awesome, and looked like a bastardised squashed F40. Very awful.

Best I've seen on the road is probably a Lambo Murcielago LP-640. At a car show I'd say it's a tie between a Jaguar XJ-220 and Ferrari F50.

I did see some car that looked pretty awesome a few months ago. I had no idea what it was... the thing was as low and wide as a lambo and looked around 10-15 years old. I must've been either very rare or a high quality kit car as I've not been able to find out what it was.

3. I saw a similar thing years ago when I lived in a village near Burford. This guy had an MR2 which he's converted to look like a 355. As you say, very awful. Good in theory bad in practice.

4. I'd heard of photobucket but never knew what it was. Cheers for pointing it out to me phisix, it'll come in very handy a lot. I've been using facebook as my pic hosting source all this time.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage somewhere in Berkshire

[​IMG]

When my mate bought his Civic Type R the guy who was selling it showed us what else he had:

A Tommi Makkinen Edition Evo VI

[​IMG]

A Mistubishi Evo VIII FQ (the FQ stands for fucking quick)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He also had a new Civic Type R Saloon thing

[​IMG]

Nice 350Z

[​IMG]

Caterham 7

[​IMG]

That MG Supercar thingy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fort GT that lurks around Burford

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Audi R8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully these links from photobucket work.

5. The thread title is too short. I'm out.

I saw some hugely expensive bentley a while back. That's it.

6. I don't know why Honda gave Europeans the pretty cool looking Civic and hen turned it into a plain looking car.

From this
    [​IMG]

To this...
    [​IMG]

7. The Civic Type-R saloon looks nowhere near as drab as that "family" car you posted. I nearly bought an import saloon but the problems I had with my last jap import Honda was enough to put me off.

8. You mean this one?
    [​IMG]

It's still a pretty tame version compared to the hatchback.

9. I took one for a test drive. The handling on it was insane, it certainly felt better than the hatch which I think was down to the boot and the car being a bit longer..though I think the wheel base is the same. I'm definately not keen on the current Civic Hatchback; it looks a bit stubby. I'm a huge fan of the Type-R though. I had an Integra Type-R and it was one of the best cars I've ever sat my arse in. The first time I took one for a spin i knew I had to have one.

But yeah, the saloon Civic Type-R is a beast..I'm not sure if they're selling them in Europe yet though but they're pretty popular in Japan.

10. Don't people get upset when you take pictures of their cars?

11. I think the frontend of the hatchback is pretty slick, the rear is a bit different though, the rear window/spoiler thing is tricky to see out of.

12. He should defiantly blur out the number plates, no one wants to have their registration cloned and on the internet its there for everyone to see.

13. Delorean I spotted at the Drive-In theater.

[​IMG]

14. The owners are usually nowhere to be found so I couldn't ask them even if I wanted to, and you shouldn't buy a flash looking car if you don't want people taking pics of it :p

And Grim is right, I'll start covering the reg plates from any more pics I take.

p.s. DeLorean!