DC Universe Online - FREE to download and FREE to play

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bfun, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Can’t get any links right now but starting in October DC Universe Online will be free on the PC and PS3. I think this game got mixed reviews but free is free. I’ll probably check it out.

Star Trek Online is also scheduled to go free sometime this year.

2. Very tempting! :D Then again if it is rubbish then no.

3. I'm pretty sure if you want to play the game properly and develop your character in an awesome way you have to buy loads of stuff in those damn micro transactions. Not so free now is it?

4. Eden Eternal does that, but you can get everything without paying.

5. PC Gamer made a prediction that with the exception of Star Wars all new MMORPGs will move to the micro transaction model. Apparently that sells better in a recession. Personally I prefer that model more. I wont feel like I'm wasting money if I'm not playing. I could take a break for a month or two without it costing me anything.

6. I think in some ways it's not so different than a pay for service. People who want to spend money can buy great equipment and gold in WOW. Those who don't want to pay have to grind it out.

7. Micro transactions is a much better model. The crack heads will continue to fork out for more and more crack, while the normal people can give it a try with no strings attached. Sure, they rely on more and more of these normal people becoming crack heads, but at least I know that I have some self control.

8. It's now free on Steam. I need to make room on my drive.

9. Star Trek online is now free. Gold access still cost $15 a month.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399001,00.asp

10. Any good?

11. I heard it was good for trekkies. Haven't played it myself but I'll check it out if I have time.

12. I'm actually quite enjoying Star Trek Online. Haven't a clue what I'm doing but I'm level 40 already and have a nice Sovereign class ship.

13. I think you need to think about what you're doing. It's a slippery slope I tells ya.

14. I don't know what you're talking about.

15. You'll be arguing about Kirk versus Picard next. The right answer is Janeway BTW.

16. Ben Sisko all the way

17. Picard all the way. He has an air of cool around him. Plus his voice is awesome and it can lull any girl into bed.

18. The guy has class, unlike Sisko and his baseball that he rubs every episode.

19. Dude is the Sandlot guy, it's in his contract to rub his baseballs every episode.