Definitive Lists of sections and volunteers

Discussion in 'Pipeline' started by Ichiban, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I know you are, which is why my last message was aimed at Monkey and Monsly. We still need to find a way to get other writers on board to fill in the review gaps we need, but the other two don't seem so bothered for this at the moment.

2. How is this coming? No rush. I just hadn't heard anything about the front page for a couple of weeks.

3. I have lost the internet at the moment as my flat mate did not pay his bill. So I won't be doing much until I sort that or just get a dongle again.

4. Sorry. I'm really busy at the minute with work that by the time I'm done working I'm just too tired to start all over again. Soon though....

5. It's fine. The forums are chugging along pretty well. Like I said, no rush. We'll launch the front page when it's good and ready.

6. I was thinking, we will be needing our own site picture host/upload thing for our screenshots/pictures whatever. Is it possible, so we don't have to reply on Photobucket which limits you to a certain amount of uploads.

7. Neat idea but I think we'd have to spend extra time monitoring the content being uploaded. We wouldn't want PVC to turn into a warez site. I'm sure there is someone out there who would try to take advantage of it and then poor Ichiban would be hauled away in chains.

8. Oh no no, what I meant was just for staff only. This would be for posting screenshots in reviews and obviously other stuff such as news and the like.

9. Is there any more interest in this or is this project basically dead? I really don't care either way if we have a front page. I've always just come here for the forums.

10. I'm still interested!

11. Sorry...I'm still keen to do it but I'm super busy with work, although that comes to an end very soon, and I'm of course tied up a lot with my dad being Ill.

I really want to do it and I made a start but it'd be great if someone with some webdev experience or even a decent understanding of a CMS like Drupal or Joomla could help. Do any of the regulars have any web experience? I'd have swore someone said they did.

12. I'm still interested too - been busy at work over the last month but I'll have more time in a few weeks.

13. I am still up for it but just want more members coming and staying here!

14. I don't really care any more, and I probably wouldn't write anything. Does someone want to take over developing the main page?

15. Nooo! It's chairmansteve all over again! Seriously though I'm all up for helping if I can, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of writing since I can talk about games all day long. Nothing major to begin with as I've no experience in a writing position but I could work my way up to a major contributing role.

16. senior contributing editor do it!!