Design a PVC Logo

Discussion in 'Pipeline' started by Ichiban, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Also, I am with Chi, if we make the background slightly more blue, we will have a winner. Black and blue is a lush combination, especially with that layout. Also, we will have to make the forum in the same colour scheme to match at some point too.

2. Ok well I'll get read up on css styling and I will endeavor to build to the commonly agreed styling scheme. Once it's done, i'll start giving writer privileges to you can guys and you can start filling it with content.

3. Awesome news Ichi. Thanks for the hard work you have put in to it so far. Will the people with privileges have access to be able to edit/create things on the layout such as top bar links, adding picture links and things like that?

4. Well this is what the forum would look like in the main site's theme.

I changed the background to a patterned one, just to see what it's like.
    [​IMG]

5. Ooh, that is quite sexy actually, and matching the main site style should be a must. What does everyone else think?

6. I'll try and sort out a logo/banner for the top bar when I have some more time.

It might have to wait until ichi decided on a finalised theme.

7. Maybe add it as a custom theme, but I'm actually very happy with the way the forums look now. They're very clean and easy to use from a mobile phone.

PVC had a ton of custom themes and people liked them, but I thought they were all pretty hideous except for the basic one and the ATI one.

8. Simple is best, although there is something, something not quite right with the tryle at the moment. It just feels a little bit wrong.

9. I prefer a light background for the forum. Easier on the eyes. Main site would be fine darker though.

10. Exactly. And people seem to be forgetting that the default theme for PVC was actually just a grey, white, and blue theme that wasn't much different from this one.

11. I think the main site needs to be lighter than it is. There's a bit too much black. People need to be able to read on there as well.

12. I actually hate pages with black backgrounds and brightly colored text. It looks cool maybe the first time you see it, but it's very harsh on the eyes. I never end up using forums with that kind of color scheme.

Two examples off the top of my head are Gamespot and HardOCP. I never spend any more than a few minutes at a time at those places. Their color schemes give me a headache.

Would you want to read a book with black pages and orange text? No? Me either. Might look good on the cover though.

13. Maybe we could ask ichi to try changing it to a pale grey/silver?

14. For an icon I was thinking maybe a Keyboard and a games console controller side by side with PVC across it?

15. There are inbuilt colour schemes. I've not had much play with the actuall CSS to create my own variation but theres this:

A blue gradient, ending in white

[​IMG]

Or how about just plain white?

[​IMG]

16. The white theme is nice. If the bits that are red can be changed to blue and the background to the same grey as here, then it would be perfect.

17. My vote is for the blue gradient ending in white.

18. I don't like the blue gradient theme, it's too "Windows Live" for my liking.