Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Sep 30, 2014.

1. You guys crashed, using the typical excuse that you're in a different time zone and have to have some sleep to function in society and remain healthy. You need to get your priorities in order when there's Vault loot to be had.

2. I bought the Achlyophage Symbiote helmet for my Hunter. Just equipping it unranked boosted him to level 21. The perks seem very good for a Gunslinger, including 4 shots with the golden gun. My Hunter is off to a good start now that I've given him Achlyophage Symbiote, Thorn, and Grim Citizen.

I have been getting a lot of motes lately, and I ended up with just enough for a Legendary engram. It turned into Voidfang Vestments. I didn't really need a second Exotic piece of armor for a Warlock given I've just fully upgraded Apotheosis Veil, but at least it wasn't a second copy of something I already had. I'll wear it during lower level missions and when I turn in bounties to level it up. I was hoping this engram would turn into good armor for my Hunter so I didn't need to spend my coins on an Exotic piece of armor.

I'm not terribly happy with the weapon being sold. It's the Truth rocket launcher. It's good, but I have 2 of them already. The second came recently from a chest in VoG a few days ago. Hoping for Red Death or Suros Regime next week. I'll have enough coins to buy a primary by then. I think I have around 19 strange coins now.

I think New Monarchy has the best auto rifle and scout rifle you can get from a standard vendor (not Xur obviously). I'm probably going to pick up the scout rifle (Crusader I) next when I have enough Crucible marks. Vanquisher VIII is getting quite good with only a few upgrades. It's a great weapon that I'd highly recommend. I'm glad I skipped Shadow Price, as the vendor version has lousy perks.

3. Got heart of praxic fire from his chest engram. Very happy.

4. Can someone help me clear the weekly mission for coins before it resets tomorrow? I don't think I can solo it with my Hunter yet. Either 6 or 9 coins would be fine. I think I can get my Hunter to level 26 by turning in another couple of bounties and upgrading my new armor.

5. If I am honest it is very unlikely that I will get on tonight (today for you) but if I do I will let you know.

6. OK, thanks.

7. We did try to join you last night but you seemed to be AFK. We actually joined you in a fire team whilst Chi shouted your name for around 5 minutes before it booted us out. You just sat saying 'in orbit' for the hour or more that we played.

We were going to head into the VoG for a look around but couldn't get hold of you. We tried after we realised that you were not anywhere to be found but we couldn't even unlock the bloody door with 2 of us. Couldn't keep the 3 pads under control without some vex taking another one over.

8. I fell asleep yesterday while my PS4 was on.

9. Last week I fell asleep sitting up while I was in the Tower.

10. Haha! That doesn't sound like a great endorsement of this game.

11. It's a really fun game. I'm just turning into an old man who passed out in a game's lobby.

12. I got the Bad Juju bounty today. I don't know why, but the only exotic bounties I've ever received have been Bad Juju, Thorn, and Invective. Now that I'm working on getting the last of the 3, I'm hoping new exotic bounty choices start showing up.

I moved up to level 29 tonight. Instead of a weapon I was hoping for (Crusader I), I got yet another legendary piece of armor from New Monarchy, which I will never use, so I broke it down and used the shards to upgrade my raid gauntlets to max.

I already have 90 Crucible marks, so it's not a big loss to have to use 150 marks on Crusader I given I don't have the actual Crucible rank at level 3. To be honest, I'm not that crazy about the weapons offered by the Crucible vendor. Is there any weapon sold by the Crucible vendor considered to be better than Vanguard or New Monarchy weapons? Lord High Fixer looks good, but The Devil You Know from Vanguard looks even better. After I have Crusader I, I don't think I'll need Crucible marks for anything else unless they start offering new stuff.

13. We did the Raid at long last!

We did try to invite Arma but got no response so used 3 ransoms. To be fair to Chaoticblood he really did help guide us through it well. I think only he, AKS and Shadow had done it before so 3 of us were noobs but we got no hassle for not knowing which was good.

14. Glorious VoG master race!

There's a section in there that monsly would just looove

15. That's what you think. We VoG vets have already put up several videos with full commentary harshly ridiculing you n00bs.

We had a pretty good haul I think. I can tell you with absolute certainty that you can get exotic weapons from one of those chests. That's where I got my second copy of Truth. I'm hoping to get my hands on Red Death in a Vault run or a Nightfall mission.

16. Paying for it this morning. Less than 6 hours sleep never does me any good at all.

Now I need to spend loads of time powering up the raid gloves I got. Would have been nice yo get a second piece but beggars can't be choosers as I could have been worse, I could have been Chi and not got much at all.

I got a shotgun too but I never use them, will check it out as it is arc so could come in handy.

17. Well I've got my hands full levelling up my pocket infinity, invective, hawkmoon and the new rocket launcher. Would have been good to have at least gotten an armour piece.

How long did it take us in the end?

18. I would say 3 hours as we gathered around 10, waited a little while to start and finished at 1:20.,

19. It seems like Thorn is underrated to me. It has been almost universally panned for being a weak exotic weapon, but I've already found the damage over time effect to be extremely helpful with preventing shields to regenerate. The actual damage from DoT isn't going to make or break how things go, but the fact that the continuous damage keeps shields from immediately regenerating is very useful for me and teammates in high level missions. It made the flayer strike considerably easier because I could keep the shields down for a few extra seconds even when they retreated.

20. I think a lot of people dismiss exotics because they don't take the time to level them up to the point where the skills actually do something. Thorn is probably the most annoying one to get. That 500 void damage requirement sucks.