Do you even email Bro?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bfun, May 28, 2015.

1. So whats everyone using for email these days? I still use yahoo but I really need to get away from it. The search feature breaks all the time and the service isn't that reliable. I've even been paying for their advanced service for the last few years. I have a gmail account but it's my name so I only use it for special business stuff.

I forward my gmail to yahoo but I suppose I could forward my yahoo to gmail. The problem there is I don't want to send from gmail since my address is my name. I also have outlook that I can use but that really only helps if I'm on my home PC.

What should I do? What do you do?

2. Naturally I use .mac/.me/.icloud for email. I've had it for so long that I can use all three of those extensions.

3. I use Gmail. I tried switching to ProtonMail and Outlook (for better usernames), but changing your email is really really hard.

Also, doesn't Apple allow unlimited aliases for free? I thought that was pretty cool.

4. Gmail.

I was very early to the Gmail party so I have my actual name @gmail.com with no numbers or anything.

Only problem is it means I get a lot of email for people who have the same name as me, a hell of a lot of Americans. Quite recently I've been getting reminders about an optician appointment and requests to activate my Nintendo account on my Wii U.. I don't even have a Wii U!

5. I got in early at gmail too which is why I have my name but I'd rather not hand it out. I suppose I could make a new gmail address but like supersonic said, it's hard to change. I've actually paid Yahoo $100 over the last 5 years for the advanced services. At one time the price was actually worth it. One of the reason I stuck with them is I "assumed" they were more private than gmail which used to take a lot of criticism about privacy. I don't know if that even matters anymore.

6. Hotmail and Gmail still. Gmail account was originally a beta as someone on the old pvc gave away some or something cannot remember who it was maybe Og.

Hotmail is my main one and I usually use Gmail for random stuff or poker sites ect.

7. I use 2 gmail accounts. it's really easy to swap back and forth on the desktop site and gmail app so there really is no downside to it.

my original hotmail account still exists only for Windows login.

8. I'm trying Outlook on my PC. It's been downloading about 6000 emails from yahoo for the last hour.