Dreamfall Chapters

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bfun, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Yes! The most anticipated game of 2014 will go live tomorrow at 9 PST. I got mine reserved many moons ago. Win, Mac and Linux are first. Wii U and PS4 versions are coming later. I've been waiting 7 years for this one.

[​IMG]

2. This looks like the type of game where you end up in a creepy old house in Siberia.

3. You're thinking about Syberia which was a decent game but a bit too heavy on the puzzles for most people.

[​IMG]

4. Is this something I could get into if I never played the other Dreamfall/Longest Journey games?

5. This one is sounding sketchy. They originally planned to release it in chapters, then decided to scrap that and have one complete installment, then went back to having chapters after the productions costs got too high. It sounds like they may never complete the rest of it if they don't have good enough sales. This is just the first of five chapters in the story. Plus, it's Kickstarter based…which adds to the fishiness.

6. I guess I wouldn't know until I played it but I'd have to assume that you might not be as invested in the story as other players. People got into the characters so much that they were crushed when the story stopped 7 years ago without a conclusion. The average kick starter donation was $70 and of course they set a record for the fastest $1 million collected.

7. It was weird when they flipped flopped like that but I thought going back to chapters was more of a design choice. At least that is what they said. I wouldn't be too worried about the completion of the game. They have plenty of motivation to continue because of the upcoming PS4 and Wii U sales.

8. Never heard of it. Nice 2006 graphics.

9. After a few hours I can say that this game would be really hard to get into unless you've at least played Dreamfall. The Longest Journey would also be a good idea. But before you rush out and buy or watch them you should know that the game kept to it's roots. It's old school point and click adventure. Unless you like Indy games you probably haven't played a game like this since the late 90s.