Duke Nukem Forever Finally Released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by supersonic, Jan 24, 2011.

1. The two girls in that level are the twins from the beginning. If I am correctly.

I also found a part where one girl was masturbating and the other was filming it during the begin part where the building is under attack.
    When you have to go through the vents the first time, I went left through a destroyable vent.

2. Mary Kate and Ashley Holsom.

3. Gamespot gave the 360 version a 3/10 and the PC version a 3.5/10. Those are some of the lowest scores yet. This might be the worst game to ever come out of a major studio.

I got it off bittorrent out of morbid curiosity and played about 20 minutes of it. It's so bad it's painful. You can pull a turd out of the toilet and start playing with it if you want. The graphics would have looked dated in 2004. It looks like a very poorly done Doom 3 mod. The humor is crap (literally), and the shooting isn't even good. The gameplay is straight out of the 90s, and not in a good way. Any half-way competent developer could have farted this game out in under a year. I stopped at the part where you shoot at an alien ship in a turret. It was so boring and badly done I just couldn't keep playing.

4. So you're saying the PC version is definitely the version to get?

5. LOL. Yeah, but wait until it's $5 or less, which shouldn't be too far off. Maybe the end of the week.

Hhahahhahahhahaa

6. I'll wait until it's the price of the score.. which would be $3.50

7. What amuses me is that no matter how bad a game might be, you'll always have the idiots who defend it and say "it's not that bad."

8. People who worked on it no doubt.

9. Took like an hour to download that video. Maybe it was because the video was so dark but I didn't see rape/penis. I didn't think it was any worse than the bad stuff I've seen before. Duke actually sounds upset through most of it.

10. Thank you! Someone agrees.

On a side note I know two people who own this game and they've both said it's awesome which is in direct contradiction to everything else I've heard about it, I don't think I could actually be more curious to find out.

11. Your friends are retards who probably also enjoyed Transformers 2.

I've played the first hour and this game is beyond awful. It's the worst game I've ever played. I got a few chuckles out of throwing a turd at people, but I wasn't so much laughing with the game as I was laughing at it. Actually the turd was the most fun I had with the game. The rest of it was just tedious and full of dated and downright bad gameplay ideas.

I may keep playing just because I'm curious how bad this trainwreck gets. My earlier The Room analogy was pretty much spot on. This game was so ineptly made it's kind of hilarious. What was 3D Realms doing with the last 12 years? Who knows. Aside from some outdated attempts at humor, there's no evidence they were doing much of anything.

I'll let you know if I get to the part where you mercy kill the raped pregnant women since you seem to be cool with that.

12. So now all of a sudden they're pregnant? You seem to keep adding things to make that level seem worse than it is. Next you'll be telling me they're wheelchair bound, or maybe they have learning difficulties.

Also, it's a game. It's not like I'd be cool with it in real life. I'm totally cool with gunning cops down in GTA but do you think I'm ok with doing it in the real world? If you're having trouble differentiating between fantasy and real life maybe you shouldn't be playing that game... I'm just sayin'. But I'm interested to hear your thoughts after you've played the level for yourself.

13. Why do you think the girls said "we'll work the weight off in like a week"? Yes the women are all pregnant with alien babies. God you're dense.

I mean I'm not surprised that this game is creepy and misogynistic really having come from 3D Realms. Did you ever play Shadow Warrior? That game was so racist it was ridiculous. Tasteless shit is par for the course. But that hive level is pretty mean spirited and awful even by their low standards.

14. I thought they were in the process of being raped? I'm pretty sure it's hard for them to be in the process of being raped AND carrying alien spawn at the same time. If they're already pregnant why are they being raped? Either way, I'd rather kill the women, put them out of their misery and at the same time help save humanity from a new army of alien scum. I suppose you'd prefer to leave them suffering and have the human race wiped out would you? It's for the good of mankind. I wouldn't watch The Human Centipede if I were you, there's a lot of suffering in that film, you might get offended.

15. I don't know. Ask the douches at 3D Realms who made the level. They clearly put a lot of thought into it, and must have thought a level that's one big rape joke was a good idea.

This game is clearly a product of another era. It would have felt right at home next to Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage, Big Rigs, and those bass fishing and deer hunting games. Thankfully we've come a long way since then.

16. Maybe. I still maintain that the level as a whole is meant to show the disturbing fate that awaits the babes that Duke is hell bent on saving. If that's the case there should be no room for humour in any form in that level, but they tried anyway. I also maintain that although I'm not saying "I'm going to love this level because it's all about rape lololol!", I think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Maybe because I'm a huge South Park fan I've become immune to things that shock lesser mortals.

17. I can tolerate tasteless stuff when it's funny. The problem is that this game isn't funny. The humor is along the lines of those epic/disaster/scary movie things. It's just lame.

I think the biggest mistake 3D Realms made was in thinking they were making a masterpiece when in reality they were polishing a turd. Duke Nukem 3D wasn't a good game and its success was a fluke. It was one of the less awful Doom clones in a time of really awful Doom clones, and it had online multiplayer and a couple of cool guns. But I wouldn't call it a good game. It was Half-Life that pulled the shooter genre out of the cesspool and made it good. If this game had come out in like 1998 it could have been crap and it still would have been well received. But so much has changed since that time and people just don't tolerate crap games like this any more.

Also that Broussard guy sounds crazy. Like he might have been literally mentally ill. Every time a new engine or new gameplay idea came out he would throw everything they had done in the trash and start over. You can't get anything done with someone like that at the helm.

18. I get the feeling you're not a fan of this game.

19. I felt nostalgic for a moment for Duke Nukem 3D, so I downloaded DNF. But then I remembered that Duke Nukem 3D wasn't even that good.

20. I was tempted to get it off Xbox LIVE but never got round to it. I didn't really play it much back in the day.