Elder Scrolls Online changes pay model

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Armadeadn, Jan 22, 2015.

1. I was always disappointed about having to pay a sub fee when the game drops on PS4 (and Xbox One) on the 9th of June, especially since the game doesn't look at that good. But now Bethesda (or Zenimax Online Studios) are saying as of March the 17th all you need to play the game is to own it, and have an Xbox LIVE gold or PSN plus account. There's an optional subscription call ESO Plus which will give players "a monthly deposit of Tamriel Unlimited's new virtual currency, access to downloadable content, and faster accumulation of experience points, gold, and crafting research."

I won't be buying this new ESO plus but now I'm looking forward to this game a whole lot more than I have been over the last year or so.

Thoughts?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-01-21-elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription-model

2. All MMOs that aren't WoW suck and are for fags, and they should get back to work on proper Fallout and Skyrim sequels.

3. Isn't this worse than a straight subscription model?

Players will be at a clear advantage/disadvantage with an optional premium package...

4. I still have no interest in this, the only other MMO that is worth anyone's time is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and I haven't even been tempted in by that.

5. WoW is old hat now. The only MMO that would tempt me is FF14 and Grand Fantasia a FTP one which I dabble in now and again when I am bored.(Anime type one)

6. I played the Beta for a while and I really thought the game was alright. I considered getting it but I had other games I needed to finish. I would think this kind of pay system would destroy pvp but pve might still be good. I could see myself picking this up at some point.