Emo Kid's Lame Whining Fest

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by hawk4x4, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

@grim, I think we need to start teaching primary school curriculum here.

2. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

You know what your problem is... you got shit on by the girl you wasted your peak 20's with. You probably need a nice boring girl, but you want the last few years back. So you basically have to match your need with your want. Start by having a series of primarily sex based relationships, and get it out of your system. Then go back and settle down with the boring girl, who you'll probably want by then, more than you know. Make a game plan, and fuck to it.

Good luck.

3. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Thank you. That's how I feel.

4. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Better get your act together. The quality of life starts to go downhill after 26.

5. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

I look young for my age, I've got a little time.

6. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

You're just an emo kid at heart.

7. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

It's a shame I'm having computer problems at the moment otherwise I'd give my advice, for what it's worth. As I'm stuck on a phone, I'll keep it short. Don't give up on this other girl without thinking it through over time. Not arguing at the beginning and being very similar aren't bad things. Take your time, see how things go. You're probably not in a great place for knowing what will make you happy in the long term. See how it goes but don't go burning bridges and moving on from something that may turn out to be worthwhile.

Also, I don't think I'd stay friends with that mate of yours. Sure, your ex sounds like she was a nightmare but she didn't hold a gun to his head. We all fuck up and do stuff we regret but his actions are pretty damn unforgivable.

8. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

So I've been lurking and not posting lately. I apologize.

I've been trying to intentionally restructure my life. I'm working on getting out of my dead-end job. I'm trying to start working on things that have been put off for way to long, like getting back into video editing. I'm trying to eradicate ANY obligations I still have hanging over my head, currently I'm finish up a project I started for my grandfather last year but never finished.

It doesn't help that my social situation is getting weird. I reconnected with a friend whom I had seen in like ten years, and its like no time as passed. Its been great, especially given that I had cut ties with almost everyone I knew over the last few years, it was good to have a solid friend again. Except that his wife has been coming on to me when he's not paying attention. Its making me uncomfortable. I'm thinking they might be having problems behind the scenes and I'm something in her sights. I'm NOT going to be that guy, especially not after what I've been through. Women are just plain evil. I don't need this shit, so it looks like I'm going to have to move on to another group of friends.

So yeah... transitions in life... :D

9. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Fair play to you for not being "That guy" but I would be spinning out about it. You don't want to tell your friend so not to lose your friendship, but you cannot have to keep going through her coming on to you.

10. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Did I already say taking/ giving advice over the internet is LAME. It is dude, mess up your own life... at least that way it'll be YOU who messed it up, not some stranger behind a keyboard. And for the record I don't believe in messed up lifes btw, all there is is missed opportunities. Grab life by the balls and don't let go and all that jazz. YOU CAN DO IT!!

11. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

She probably wants a three way with some DP action.

12. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

3D Digital Photography? Awesome.

13. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Of course. I mean Hawk did say he wanted to get back into video editing.

14. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Who the fuck are you?

15. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

It's knowname.

16. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

ahem- yeah translated I believe everybody's life is messed up get used to it :) but don't take my advise, I don't want to be blamed for it heheh

17. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

If I met you in real life, I'd expect you to sing this song.

18. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

Periodic update:

So I'm feeling much better about myself. My confidence is almost fully back to pre-Whore levels, which I didn't think would happen.

The problem now is that after I bailed on my old friends because they were all snakes, I made a bunch of new friends that I'm bored with now. I think I surrounded myself with people who unknowingly helped me through a transitional phase. I haven't really been spending much time with anyone but myself lately because I have no one to call. I guess its time to branch out and meet some new people.

I'm also getting a little bored with being single, although the freedom is fantastic.

19. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

All my friends want to do is drink, and eat. They make me fat.

20. Emo Kid\'s Lame Whining Fest

That is a huge problem I'm finding in the social department. I don't drink. Yet I live in an area where everyone within a 100 miles is an alcoholic.

I run into these issues:

1) No one likes me being around because I'm sober and might be judging them. I've heard this ridiculous comment on multiple occasions and I dumbfounded by how many people jump to this conclusion.

2) Because I'm sober, I'm expected to drive people around. I'm fine with that, I've been practically a taxi service my whole adult life. My issue is I should be able to leave when I want to leave. If you hitch a ride with someone, don't argue with your driver when its 4am and he has to work at 8am.

3) Everyone assumes I'm not having as much fun as them and keep trying to con me into having a drink next time. I DESPISE drinking, and it gets really annoying when I have it pushed on me. I'm not some uptight asshole who needs to let loose and act like a fool to have fun, I'm just fine hanging with everyone as is. But everyone is so alcoholic, they can't comprehend how I could possibly enjoy anything while not shit-faced.

I think one of the biggest problems with our culture is the drinking obsession. Its no wonder online dating sites are popular, our only social apparatus is the bar scene.