Fall 2015 TV Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by supersonic, May 21, 2015.

1. I finished Forever and it really picked up during the second half of the season. It reveals alot more of Henry's past and you see more reveals of the Adam character. Damn shame that cancellation.

Anyhow, I just caught up in Wayward Pines. Strange show. Pretty much all I have for an opinion right now.

2. I'm giving Brooklyn Nine-Nine a watch. It's a lot like Reno 911!

3. The Man in the High Castle

An alternate future where the Allies lost WWII.

4. Working tally so far. Anything listed as bad I didn't make past the pilot. Surprisingly I found Limitless to be the best show this season. It's mostly tongue in cheek fun with late 80s/early 90s pop culture. A few episodes get serious and they aren't as good. Hopefully they work the format out to stay a casual fun show.

Good:
    Limitless
    Lucifer

OK:
    Grinder
    Grandfather
    Life in Pieces
    Angel from Hell

Bad:
    Quantico
    Blood & Oil
    Second Chance / Frankenstein Code
    The Player
    Supergirl
    Code Black
    Wicked City
    Minority Report
    Blindspot
    Telenova

5. I'm surprised to see Lucifer in the good category. Is it really good, or is it so bad it's good?

6. No X-Files?

7. No Jessica Jones?

8. Watched the first two episodes of The Flash. It's pretty good. I'll probably finish the season.

9. Black Sails?

10. A bunch more episodes in and I'm going to graduate Grinder to good status, and drop Lucifer to OK. I fear it will be dropping straight to hell before the season ends. The concept of the devil touring the earth is very cool, and the character itself is very well done. But by episode 3 he's lost his powers. Basically by episode 4 he's a mere mortal solving homicides with a LAPD detective.... WTF? I'm hoping they explore the supernatural aspect because that would be why anybody watches this.

The Grinder is a good time. It's basically a show that trolls the entertainment industry inside a show that further trolls the entertainment industry. I have a decent bit of knowledge in the sector and some/lot of the references are spot on. Rob Lowe plays the lead but Fred Savage is the standout in this trollception.

Limitless, still the best show of the season if you're 25-35. Anybody outside that range might not get the non-stop pop culture onslaught.

Good:
    Limitless [best of the season]
    Grinder

OK:
    Lucifer
    Grandfather
    Life in Pieces
    Angel from Hell [cancelled]