Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bfun, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Well, on a worst to best basis I'd go:

Mothership Zeta, Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel and then finally Point Lookout.

2. Buh? Mothership zeta gets very samey after a while but it gives you the best weapons BY FAR in the whole game. They were released in this order:

Operation Anchorage
    The Pitt
    Broken Steel (main story add-on, raises level cap to 30)
    Point Lookout
    Mothership Zeta

I did them in this order:

Operation Anchorage
    The Pitt
    Mothership Zeta
    Last time I played (months ago) I was working through Point Lookout
    I have Broken Steel but haven't started it yet. Actually I'm not 100% sure that I bought it yet but I think I did.

3. @armitage: sounds promising, I've just read some similar recommendations so I'll probably go for that. Any problems caused by lowering down the difficulty for Zeta if I get bored and want to do it quick? I'm level 29 now so I don't really need XP.

@Arma: I've heard it's got some good weapons but is dull so I'd rather get it out of the way. I don't really need better weapons really; that android's plasma gun, terrible shotgun and unique Chinese AK47 seem to do well in combination. Probably pick up the Vengeance Gatling soon and then I'm set.

4. The vengeance is absolutely beast with ~90 in heavy weapons.... just don't use it in vats, the damage isn't properly calculated.

5. Yeah, got 100 in heavy weapons now and the normal Gatling is lethal although pretty rubbish in VATS. Chews through the ammo nicely, that's for sure.

6. Yeah, it ceritanly does. That's why I always pay a visit to Flak and Shrapnels before I go to tackel some deathclaws.

7. You should get the weapons from mothership zeta. when I left I had two guns that looked identical but one was like an alien plasma rifle and the other was like an alien mini gun. They hold like a hundred shots in a clip and to reload the guy just taps the top of the gun. the power is through the roof too. The assault rifle one is the only weapon I've used since I first picked it up. You also get these things called alien epoxys. when you use one it fully repairs the currently selected weapon, amazing.

8. And armour to the best of my knowledge.

9. Yeah basically when you're done with Mothership Zeta you will be set for life.

10. I played them at the same level so it shouldn’t matter. FO made you go thought tons of mutants in DC. NV had the Deathclaws and giant Rad scorpions but they could be avoided. In fact I only ever ran into one Deathclaw the entire game.

11. Wut? You didn't go exploring then did you, all the best gear is in Death Claw (or even worse, Cazador) territory.

12. I went into the quarry area once to find the Death Claw bosses for a side quest, think one of them was called the matriarch. That was not easy even with ED-E and Arcade backing me up.

13. Yes, the Matriarch isn't the most dangerous deathclaw (The Alpha Death Claw is) but it is still quite a fight. Especially to make by yourself on very-hard hardcore.

14. Totally missed the quarry area so I fired NV up to check it out. I dies about 3 times trying to get in to it but once I figured out I could shoot farther than the deathclaws could see it was a piece of cake. My anti material riffle had a bout a 50/50 chance of a single shot kill but I didn't need it. I climbed to the top of that gravel crusher thing and rained about 1000 plasma rounds down on the claws. They never even tried to attack me.

15. Lol, I made use of a guass rifle. Much more satisfying scoring a kill with that. Things go flying.

16. Well I never even specialized in energy but I had thousands of rounds and plenty of riffles so why not. Are there any other non-main storyline battles I might have missed?

That reminds me. I hate the bullet time with the travel companions. Nothing in more annoying that running along and suddenly having to watch a rat explode because boon shoots it. Half the time the angle is so bad I don't even know what's happening.

17. Did you raid all of the vaults? I quite enjoyed the one with all the plants although blowing it up for the side quest without getting myself killed proved to be a task of trial and error.

I missed one of the vaults completely somehow as it mentioned it at the end of the game. Something about the criminals who took it over making the lives of some people near by a misery.

18. Yes the plant vault was a blast. Get it? Blast? Har har. I had look that solution up because I got tired of burning.

I also visited the drug dealer vault but I never cleared it out. It had an interesting background story that I would have liked to have known.

19. That was one of my favourite things about both FO3 and NV, they both had so much to do and extra stories away from the main story that it always made you want to go back for more.

The endings where you got different parts depending on what you had/hadn't done was a fantastic idea too.

2 Fantastic games that were ruined for many by bugs, its such a shame.

20. Finished the main quest of Fallout 3 plus Broken Steel, Op Anchorage and Mothership Zeta. I was slightly disappointed with the ending of the main game; I had heard you got to see a lot on the outcomes of your actions but it seemed very brief at best. The DLC have been a bit mixed; Steel seemed like it had the most to it, Anchorage was pretty linear but not so bad and Zeta was too drawn out but not as awful as I heard. Probably do Pitt next but the gathering ingots crap puts me off.