Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bfun, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I've only used the first assault rifle you get. I ditched it when I got the sniper/smg combo since that covers both ranged and close quarters. I did have an odd moment of semi accidental friendly fire with some natives recently. I was driving along, minding my own business when I turned a corner and came across a slope going downwards. At the bottom of said slope some pirates were about to execute some natives. I got my sniper rifle out and managed to kill two of the pirates but the third one was hiding behind his jeep. The first prisoner escaped but the second one ran in the opposite direction, away from me and clearly in the line of fire of the remaining pirate, I made a split second decision to RPG the shit out of the 3 vehicles blocking the road, killed the pirate, but also the villager. Shit happens.

I love how the RPG is pretty innaccurate in most games but in this game it's like a laser guided surgical strike, the rocket always goes in a dead straight line and travels so quick it's crazy. You never have to lead your target with the RPG because it's pretty much a case of you pull the trigger the thing in your crosshairs goes boom instantly. Big fun.

2. I currently carry the STG-90 assault rifle, M-700 sniper rifle, U-100 light machine gun, and GL-94 grenade launcher...various attachments included.

3. The MS16 is an awesome assault riffle and because it can support a silencer it's multi-purpose. I also carry the U100 large machine gun with scope. It might not be the best LMG but I like it. If the shiz has already hit the fan I just pull that out. It's accurate and carries a good deal of ammo. I never cared for any of the SMGs until I got the signature shredder. It's the deadliest short range weapon I've found. Even tigers and bears are no match but it burns through ammo so fast it's worthless if there are more than 3 enemies.

I believe the signature sniper riffle is the only one shot tiger kill gun in the game but it doesn't have a sound suppressor which makes it kind of worthless for it's primary role. The sniper riffles are the only gun that probably needs to be upgraded rather quickly to be effective. I used the M-700 through most of the first half of the game and it's a good gun but on the second island it's under powered.

Here is a tip. Every time you take a base check the board for the rare animal kills. I put them off for later in the game but eventually I had to switch islands and it was too late to go back and get them.

4. Too late? You can just fast travel back to the northern island.

5. Some of those are a bit bizarre, like the "rabid dog" kill where you have to use an RPG.

6. I did the same in GTA because at some point I just feel like I'm screwed anyway. I get too many enemies and it gets too difficult. I don't think there is any real way to screw up FC3. You can be redeemed! Just start the story line again because you don't want to miss Buck. Nope. You don't want to miss Buck.

7. Really? Considering how difficult it is to cross the first time I figured there was no way back. I really need to upgrade my Wallet.

8. Ha, some of those are rather hard too. I hate the bow and arrow ones.

9. this game is proof that you euros with staunch gun control laws are maniacs with guns when you can get your hands on them. Don't lie you'd LOVE more lax gun control laws.

10. oh wow.. was this ever posted? i just found out about it and it's pretty well done.

http://youtu.be/NnFeTXRW2zY

http://youtu.be/NnFeTXRW2zYp

11. So I finished the story a few days ago. I'm done with the game now. It's a great game but its let down by a fucking stupid story and main characters that are just designed to be hated. I hate Jason Brody, he's a right cunt.

MINOR SPOILER

Like when I got back to the cave and he all of a sudden decided he was going to abandon his friends and live in the jungle like a savage with his new psychotic drug addled bit in the side. He just tells his girlfriend that he's staying in the island then leaves his friends, and then claims that it was harder than he thought to say goodbye. He pretty much just said I'm leaving you guys and walked out. How much easier did he expect it to be?

This is probably the only game where I would have been happy to see my character die at the end.

12. SPOILERS ahead.

Near the end where you choose to either save your friends or join Citra, if you choose the latter Jason does die. And so does his girlfriend. There's some crazy sex scene with Citra just before she stabs you, if I remember correctly.

13. I chose to not kill the girlfriend because I wanted Jason to not e a twat for once in his life.

14. I felt the same way but I could also see it from his point of view. Consider this. He’s killed hundreds of bad people to helped the natives reclaim their island. He’s survived by becoming one with the land and familiarizing himself with the local flora and animal life. He’s been given magical tattoos by some mystic force. He’s been elevated to the status of super hero by the locals. After all that I can understand why he doesn't want to leave.

15. I thought the guy you'd object to most would be Buck given the possibility that he's a toilet slaver. You just know a guy like that would be regularly lurking to check for all the scat material and deviant training manuals posted on PVC.

16. ...i.e., gobbling magic mushrooms and blowing up rabid dogs with RPGs.

17. I actually liked Buck as a character. He was interesting. I was never quite sure how much of a bad guy he was until the end.

I was very disappointed with Vaas though. He was cool but there really wasn't enough of him in the game, especially considering all of the promo material focused on him.

18. I actually thought Buck might have been a drug induced hallucination.

19. I don't think so. It would be tough to rescue a friend from a hallucination. Unless of course the friend is also a hallucination. The plot thickens...

20. Well yes. When I finality saw the friend I realized it must be real. But up to that point you have to agree it's a plausible theory. Citra drugs you then tells you to get the knife. Buck always magically appears in the right spot and always knows where you are at.