Final Fantasy XIII-2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Just finished playing the demo. They have added quite a few new features but it still feels just like XIII. There's NPCs for starters. Chocolina is the travelling merchant and I found her to be instantly annoying, it'll be a shame if she's the main merchant throughout the game. Being able to have a creature fight along side you is cool, especially since you can level them up and incorporate them into your paradigms.

I was surprised to see you could jump in this game. But while you can jump onto objects such as ledges and platforms you can't jump over things like walls or railings. If I'm honest a lot of these new features just seem kind of tacked on and aren't really necessary. For example your Moogle will find hidden ibjects automatically (such as item boxes) and you press the right bumper to get him to reveal said item. They could have just made the thing visible in the first place. As I said before I'm mainly getting this game for the story and after playing this demo I don't think the game excites me but it's entertaining enough. If you hated XIII I wouldn't recommend getting this. A Final Fantasy game that auto saves, now I've seen everything.

Also Moogles are gay. Always have been and always will be.

2. I might be forced to buy this at release.

I have a load of cash from my birthday and I need to spend it. If I leave it sitting around I will spend it on food or bills and there are hardly any good games coming out in the next few months.

Was going to get a new pair of in-earphones but its so hard choosing a pair. I usually use Sennheiser but I am fed up with the right one always failing now, 3 pairs in a row this has happened to. I used to own some Sony's which were good and the EX310 have good reviews but at £35 its a bit of a punt if they are don't have the good bass of the Sennheisers.

But I digress, I may end up with it but may not play it right away and even then after spending £165 on something today I still need to find other things to spend this on.

3. £165 today? How very mysterious. I'm nit going to bother with this FF unless it gets really great reviews. XIII was boring in the extreme and I wasn't prepared to waste 20 hours for the point where it supposedly improves.

4. Indeed it was but I don't seem to have any other options, give me options!

5. Sacred? Dead Island? Modnation Racers? Killzone 3? Eh? Eh?

6. don't get this! get FF14 and as many months as you can buy! Trust me you'll thank me for it later.

/is not serious

nah but seriously, if it's lots of money than I'd preorder a PSP Vita with it.

7. You like Metal gear Solid, Grim? The HD boxset comes out in just over a week. Get that.

8. Every review I see, every blog on YouTube says that this is a good game. Maybe I will only wait for it to drop to £30 before picking it up as I am getting eager to play it now.

9. I'm definitely going to buy FFXIII-2 but I'm in no rush to do so.

10. It's good but its hardly great. A solid RPG though which is what I want. I think I may pick this up next week if I can find a cheaper copy. This or the MGS HD collection.

11. Amazon have it for £32 but I think I am going to hold on for under £30.

12. I have some extra cash so I think I will get it. A lot of people seem to be enjoying it although saying the story is not the best ever.

13. 3 quid? that's like 4 meals for Grim! lol

14. Play.com are doing it for £27.99, I am now very tempted to order this.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/18502050/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2/Product.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212%7b647800%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2bc%7b10065%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

EDIT: Sod it, I ordered it.

15. Bah. I would have got this the other day if I knew. Tell me what is like when you get it.

16. It has been shipped today but this is Play.com so I don't expect to see it before Saturday so will be a while before I can post impressions.

17. I've heard there's 40 minutes of cutscenes before you actually get to play, and I'm not against this.

18. That sounds terrible.

19. Re: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

How can you not be against this?

20. Re: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

I've completed many Metal Gear Solid games, I'm used to lengthy introductions, they're good for setting the scene. I know you could say FFXIII set the scene but time has passed and things have changed on Cocoon/Pulse since then. Plus Final Fantasy usually has awesome opening cinematics.