Galaxy Note 7 explodes its way into and out of the market

Discussion in 'Technology' started by khaid, Oct 11, 2016.

1. All major carriers in the US axed the Note 7 from their inventory and shortly after Samsung announced that they were officially discontinuing it today. It was actually impressive how the headphone jack issue with the iphone 7 made its way around the internet more than the Note 7's explosive performance.

This super hot and expensive phone not only burned a hole in the user's pockets but also did so a second time even with the recall replacement phones. This left many angry consumers in a meltdown.

Samsung was super competitive this time around. Apple made the headphone jack disappear from the iphone? Well Samsung made their Note 7 disappear from the entire market!

Only time will tell how much this will cost samsung. We can't look at short term for this because this a brand name tarnishing right here. Even though this incident is isolated to the Note 7, people are stupid and think any samsung product will have this same issue.

2. So many bad puns.

But on a serious note their stock only dropped like 5% and I thought that was a crazy until I remembered just how much stuff they make. They are selling Samsung apartments which are probably filled with Samsung appliances and lived in by people who drive Samsung cars. They could probably write off their whole phone division and only take a small hit.

3. So many bad puns.

But on a serious note their stock only dropped like 5% and I thought that was a crazy until I remembered just how much stuff they make. They are selling Samsung apartments which are probably filled with Samsung appliances and lived in by people who drive Samsung cars. They could probably write off their whole phone division and only take a small hit.

4. Good lord look at that.

5. I should probably stop posting.

6. It got a lot of press, I don't think iPhone 7 headphone jack showed up on the evening news LOL. Wonder if the Note moniker will be retired for the next Phablet.

Hottest smartphone evar!

7. Too bad they pulled it from the market. I had some money burning a hole in my pocket.

• lol lol x 1
  8. Seems likely that they'll discontinue the Note branding entirely after this. Galaxy S8 Phoenix might be appropriate.

• lol lol x 1
  9. Ha. Now the Department of Transportation says the phone are illegal to ship by air for safety reasons. They have to go back to Samsung by ground. Samsung is providing gloves and fireproof boxes for shipping.

[​IMG]

I know the smart phone market is kind of wasteful and a detriment to the environment to begin with but damn what a freaking waste of precious metals. My bet is these will end up in a landfill in Africa or South Asia where little kids will dig them up and resell them.

[​IMG]

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/12/technology/samsung-fireproof-box/index.html

10. So can you just go to your carrier and exchange your Note 7 for something else?

11. Samsung building more doomsday machines. This time it's washing machines with tops that explode off and hit you in the face.

12. Sounds like the exploding phone didn't hurt Samsungs too bad.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/technology/samsung-earnings-note-7-profits/index.html

13. Didn't Samsung recently say the fault was with the battery? Do Samsung make their own Lithium batteries? If not I assume someone isn't going to be getting anymore work from Samsung.

14. Samsung SDI made the batteries. Maybe they meant to sabotage a 3rd party but accidentally shipped it to Samsung Mobile.