Game of Thrones *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Re: Game of Thrones

I can't get over how amazingly good this show was this season. This is now up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. It's impeccably well written and acted, and all of the subplots are great. The invasion of King's Landing was especially well done. I'm glad they didn't skimp on the budget for that episode. The whole thing has a really epic feel to it that I didn't think was possible with a TV show. I love the byzantine politics, and how nothing is predictable, and the heroes are not who you thought they would be at the beginning. It totally breaks the mold both for TV shows and for fantasy epics.

It's good to see HBO have a hit for a change. They haven't really had anything since The Sopranos went off the air. True Blood is a shitty soap opera that's absolute garbage, and Boardwalk Empire fluctuates between boring and trashy.

2. Re: Game of Thrones

Finally got around to watching this and I just finished watching the third episode. Really enjoying it so far. Those white walkers are interesting me, but have only seen them in the start of the first episode and a few references to them in the first three.

3. Re: Game of Thrones

Get used to it.. that's why I really got into the first ep. You won't be seeing supernatural things like that often so treasure them while you see it. A majority of Game of Thrones is about them playing mind games on each other and fucked up politics.. and incest. So whenever you see some crazy unbelievable supernatural shit.. it's awesome.

4. Re: Game of Thrones

The power struggles in game of thrones are really interesting though. Nothing is what it appears to be and no one is safe.

5. Game of Thrones

I saw the first 3 episodes last year and thought it got super boring super quick, but it seems like goddamned everyone from Jonathan Ross to Cliff Blezinsky is raving about how awesome it is these days.

6. Re: Game of Thrones

It takes about 3 or 4 episodes to really get going. I actually thought the premiere of the show flat out sucked and was nothing like the rest of the series.

7. Re: Game of Thrones

Well I have enjoyed the first three episodes so if it gets better then awesome. Yeah, whats with the Queen and the King killers incest crap? Weird...

Surely they will have to focus on the supernatural parts more in later seasons?

8. Re: Game of Thrones

The incest becomes important to the plot later. Keep watching. It's not just there for shock value.

The show has some supernatural elements, but most of it is pretty down to earth. I think that's probably a good thing, because I know a lot of people who aren't into fantasy at all who have gotten into Game of Thrones.

9. Re: Game of Thrones

That might be because of all the rutting involved.

10. Re: Game of Thrones

Yeah, but they will have to focus on it at some point, otherwise there would be no point in saying how bad of a threat it is and then no push on from there.

Still would enjoy it without it anyone so whatever floats the writers boats. Just seen there is going to be a season 3. I need to catch up.

11. Re: Game of Thrones

True, but I think they also tune in for the complex plot and the great characters like the dwarf.

12. Re: Game of Thrones

Just finished watching the sixth episode. Starting to get better. The imp is an awesome character. The show needs more action though.

13. Re: Game of Thrones

I finally caught up and finished both seasons. I have really enjoyed and gotten into this series. Such a shame I will have to wait to season 3 now.

I like how there are tons of mini arcs with different characters.

14. Re: Game of Thrones

Yeah, season 1 was good, but season 2 was amazing. The show really picks up steam when Ned Stark is beheaded and the war starts up. I thought it was going to just be typical trashy HBO stuff at first, but some of the story arcs are incredibly well written.

15. Re: Game of Thrones

Indeed. Every Arc is as interesting as the rest and it keeps you hooked. I hear there are 7 books so that should be at least 7 seasons.

16. Re: Game of Thrones

My brother asked me if I had seen GoT at the weekend, because he had heard it was good he had just purchased the first season Blu Ray boxset.

Seems to have a great reputation and maybe I should give it another go. I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes (up to when the boy fell out of the window and was paralysed) when it premiered over here but lost interest.

17. Re: Game of Thrones

The first few episodes aren't very good and are nothing like the rest of the series. You can't really judge it on that.

I went through the same thing where I stopped watching and later came back to it. I'm still surprised that such an amazing show had such a dreadful premiere.

18. Re: Game of Thrones

It was the same with me, I watched 3 episodes and was in no way engulfed. I picked it up again around 6 months later and pretty much watched it all in a few weeks. Just finished Season 2 last week and wishing I didn't have to wait for more. :(

19. Re: Game of Thrones

It had to stop didn't it, as everything was getting really interesting. :'(

Any one know when season 3 is supposed to start?(Please don't say 6 months, its bad enough The Walking Dead and supernatural are on long waits for they're new seasons)

20. Re: Game of Thrones

more like just under 10 months. These shows don't have spring and fall premiers like regular broadcasting station shows. It'll start again in april like season 1 and 2.