Ghostbusters 3, 15 years too late?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Armadeadn, Jul 10, 2011.

1. It's finally been announced, they're making it. Details are scarce but I've heard that the original crew will be in it (hooray!) but at some point they're going to hand it to a new generation (boooo!) sparking a rebirth of the franchise. Interestingly Bill Murray said he will only appear in the film if he's killed off in the first reel. I'm looking forward to this with a healthy amount of skepticism. Much like the Simpsons movie I just with they'd made this a decade earlier.

2. Yeah I've been wonder who the new Ghostbusters will be if indeed there are new ghost busters. Some guesses? I wonder if they will go young or old.

Jonah Hill
    Andy Samberg
    Kevin James

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. For the love of god, not Kevin James! I'll renounce my U.S. citizenship if that ever happened, because the END would be NEAR.

4. Kevin James as Slimer could work.

5. Jay Baruchel or Michael Cera could be an Egon personality. Seth Rogen and Brandon T Jacksoncould fit in somewhere. And then there is Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. The original film and main characters had class, if the new one has any of those actors posted in here except the two at the very bottom I will be mad. It will turn out to be one of those weird crazy comedy when it does not need to.

7. I think you misunderstood me. I believe it's a sequel, not a reboot so the original cast would be reprising their roles as the original characters but then pass the torch on to some new characters who then become the new Ghostbusters, cue merchandise overload.

Hope this helps:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

8. The start of the film will be the old cast who then are too old then start training a new batch of Ghostbusters. I can guarantee that will be how it happens, especially as Dan, Bill and that are old now.

That is what I really meant by the post above.

9. Exactly, it's gonna be shit :( Did you ever see the "extreme ghostbusters" cartoon they made with all new ghostbusters (organised and helped by Egon). One of them was in a wheelchair for christ's sake!

[​IMG]

10. Yeah I used to watch it after school so many years ago. It was shiiiittte!

11. If Seth Rogan, Michael Cera, Kevin James, or any of those other unfunny asshats end up in a new Ghostbusters movie, I think I might have to go on a killing spree.

12. How about Donal Faison, Johnny Knoxville, Seann William Scott, or Zach Braff?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I hate Zach Braff, but Johnny Knoxville and Turk would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Michael Cera either, although he seems to play the same character all the time.

14. It's rumored that Anna Faris will be in the movie. I guess that's okay.

[​IMG]

15. i refuse to believe her age.

16. Why? She was in the first Scary Movie 11 years ago(!) so that would've made her 23 which seems about right. Either she's got a great make up artist or she's aged really well.

17. If the leaked script is real, (and it's pretty much regarded as real), Bill Murray does indeed die in the first act but he comes back...as a ghost..like a ghost sidekick..which would ordinarily suck but I like Bill Murray.

18. I kind of guessed that might happen when I read they were going to kill Bill off. Normally that might be stupid but in this case I think it might work. He hated slimmer and now he’s a ghost too. It’s Ironic.

19. Him and Slimer will make a double act and Bill will become their ghost mentor who helps them I guess.

20. I had noticed that too. She doesn't age.