Girl Gamers Don't Exist

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cmdrmonkey, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I think it's a self-perpetuating cycle in some respects. If you've ever looked at photos from GDC and things like that, the developers are predominantly male. I also think that gaming developers became much more cautious with the target market for bigger budget games. I don't think it's a coincidence that smaller budget mobile gaming has a much broader range of subject matter and styles.

2. This is pretty much what I'm taking about. You have a bunch of attention whores who at best play some casual games. They say they don't want guy attention when that's clearly exactly what they want. They aren't gamers in any real sense. It's just a way to get attention from guys.

I agree. I think a big part of the problem is that hardcore gaming isn't designed to appeal to women in any way. So they end up playing casual games and mobile games that are designed to have broad appeal. It's an enormous market mainstream game developers are mostly ignoring.

3. Is that what Sony is doing now?? THREATENING their customers to buy old games?? I knew Sony was bad but I had no IDEA!!

On topic, I don't know if Monkey is for real or not some times. I'm assuming he means just in general. Generally there's a TON more male gamers than females. Generally there's a TON more female shoppers than males. (ie male shoppers browse they just don't SHOP in a typical outlook).

Regardless I think Sony needs to be sued. At least EA doesn't THREATEN their customers x|

4. It's really taken you this long to realize that half the time I'm just trolling?

I troll people all the time IRL too with elaborate pranks. I love getting a rise out of people.

5. Birds like you just don't exist any more :p lol. I really have no idea how to answer this question in a way you won't argue against. I am just not 'hardcore' enough. lol

In gamingdom I don't think it's what you play, but who you play.... I mean... I'm eluding to 'Hollywood' networking in the real world. It's not what you know, but who you know? well IMO the gaming world is like it's not what you play but what you know. The difference between casual gamer and hardcore gamer is not if you play 'Tactical Shooters' or TRAIN SIMS!!! So I REALLY like my front office sports franchise games :) The real difference is if you know what your doing, if you have a VAST knowledge and interest in the gaming industry! If you can (sorta') name such gamer icons as Hironobi Sakaguchi (even if you misspell it) or Gabe Newell, Cliff Blezynski or Todd Howard. These are the ppl that matter (to me), not ppl who are so engrossed with CS that CS is their whole world.

and you wonder why there's no girls around here??

6. Trolls are just arseholes. It all makes sense now.

7. We had a girl. I ran her out of the forum with Hasselhoff pictures.

8. well... uh perhapse they don't exist cuz you (and egotists like you) don't allow them to?? It boggles me how you EVER got a wife.

9. girls aren't allowed on gaming forums. just like they aren't allowed to be gamers.

now if this was some household cleaning or cooking forum, i'd be fine with it.

10. You trolled me into watching that shitty video. WTF was that supposed to be about? This is exactly why I mute everybody online. Frankly, I've never heard a girls voice over all the 11 year old internet gangsters.

11. The should still be allowed to post in the off-topic section. Perhaps bfun could help lost women by recommending the best dishwasher detergent or something.

12. Should I get Mrs Grim to advertise for female members on the Netmums forum?

13. I've trolled you into looking at much worse things than that video. Locker room stink comes to mind.

14. I know of one girl who plays CS on a regular basis. She's pretty good but she gets sexually harassed so much that she'll leave the server sometimes.

15. She left because chairmansteve wouldn't put out.