God Mode

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by khaid, Apr 21, 2013.

1. My friend gifted me this on Steam. It's a 3rd person shooter 4 player coop survival game with a God of War style theme. It's cheap at on $10. Developed by Old School Games, published by Atlus.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227480/

Since it's $10, it's a bit lacking in content. At this point, it needs more maps. I'm probably going to have all of the weapons in the next few sessions. But even with that, it's extremely satisfying to kill all of these mindless mobs.

Also available on PSN and XBOX Live marketplace.

2. It looks like a God of War/Painkiller/Borderlands hybrid when I watched the trailer the other day. Am I on the right track in thinking that?

It seems like more and more games are just combining already popular games. I'm a bit wary of this as I'm pretty skeptical that these hybrids actually bring an experience that adds up to the sum of their parts.

3. Yes it looks like a rehash but I think it's selling point is the 4 players coop and $10 price tag. Steam gets a lot of games like this and they seem pretty popular.

4. Yea, it's not a deep game by any means. The gameplay is repetitive and to an extent, a little easy. It really needs a lot more content to be worthwhile, but really, for $10, you get what you pay for. The presentation is great though.