Going Cold Turkey

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Phisix, Feb 11, 2013.

1. @monkey Hey. Phisix has quit and I too plan on quitting in the near future as I said, so it's not like I plan on smoking for the rest of my life, or even the rest of the decade.

Also there's plenty of people who smoke all their lives and don't get ill. I'm not using that as an argument for smoking but it's not quite the guaranteed death sentence you're making it out be. I can think of many things more stupid to do to the human body than smoking.

But I'm still going ot quit, of that you can be sure.

2. America's answer to everything, go see a shrink. Pay massively extortionate fees to sit and talk about your life. You can do that here for free.

3. I think I will come in a < 7. Going a full week takes a lot of will power.

4. classic arma. turns a guy's life changing thread to an anti america thread.

5. I don't understand why arma hates Americans so much. All we've ever done to him that I'm aware of is make fun of his food.

6. And his teeth. I'm sure they are horrible.

7. It is taught to use at school, as they call the register we have to say 'I hate Americans' in place of yes Miss/Sir.

8. Yeah Arma. It's so bad it makes me want to smoke.

9. So I managed two days and smoked again when I went out drinking for the night. Since then I started again and today is my tenth day of not smoking. It's been really easy actually. Some times I have thought it would be nice to have a smoke(After a meal or at night) but that was just a feeling instead of an impulse.

10. What did I say about the booze?

11. Avoid it. :D

It fine though as I can just quit cold turkey again. Once you get past the first day my craving has gone. It's only habit.

12. Casually slipping into it can be easy. I use to go out drinking then buy a pack - easy to start regularly from that or carry on smoking on that basis every time you're out. Good work on getting to 10 days anyway!

13. I probably would smoke again if I ever got pissed again, but I know I would not get back in to it like I was before.

14. hope your still doin well on this, two weeks is pretty great I'd think anything after that would be cheeze. I hear the first week or two are the worse.