Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hawk4x4, Jun 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. #1 hawk4x4, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    They revealed *some* of Stadia's pricing today. Its going to be $129 for the hardware bundle and three months of Stadia Pro. After that, Stadia Pro will be $9.99 per month. No details on the free Basic plan other than it limits resolution and frame rate, absolutely no specifics on how the tiered service works or how they relate to each other.

I have to say that while the idea is novel, I think Google is shooting themselves in the foot from the beginning with a needlessly complicated tier system that they are obviously hiding details about. No pricing mentioned for games at all. If games cost full retail, I don't know if the ability to stream games is worth the price of entry of $130 up front + $10/month + the cost of the games.

I'm even more interested in hearing about xCloud now, especially since Stadia looks like a confusing mess.

2. I'm in a wait and see mode. There seems to be a revival in the idea of game streaming but I'm not sure if any of the issues from the last time have been resolved. If any company can make it work, Google can.

3. remember that google tends to abandon projects though.. alot of projects

• agree agree x 1
  4. lol what a shameless copycat. Why would I buy this when I've been playing on my phantom console for 15 years.

5. One thing is for sure... If the ISP data caps come off, then the video game landscape will change drastically. And, of course, Sony is totally unprepared (had to sneak that in!).