Gran Turismo 5 photos

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Thanks man! I think I've only got a couple of days of uploading pics left. I have a few more waiting to be exported from the ps3 for uploading here but I think I'll save up another hundred or two before posting them here. Be sure to check back tomorrow :)

2. 17 days into the photo fest. Snaps 161-170:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Day 18 (kind of), final batch. Pics 171-181:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And so ends the first chapter of my Gran Turismo 5 photos. I've already got another 50 or so lined up but I'll wait 'til I have more before I export and upload them. Be patient.

4. I've just put a couple of videos on youtube featuring all the pics I've posted above along with some awesome music. It was originally one video but it was eighteen minutes long so I had to split it into two.

Watch it, weep at the awesomeness, then watch part 2. The link to part 2 is at the end of part 1. I've also got 200 or so new photos that I'm going to put onto youtube over the next day or two so I'll post the link to those when they're ready.

5. Here be the second collection, full of pics you guys haven't seen before! Enjoy.

6. I've uploaded my third photo collection. I've also created the GT5 photo hub for easy navigation between the collections. Viewing my ever growing collection of photos has never been so easy, or so fun. Follow the link to begin the journey, I recommend having a cup of beverage ready:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Harperlarp?feature=mhee

My fourth collection will feature my 600th photo! Do I have the most GT5 photos?

7. I've got 601 so I win.

8. I never said 600 was the most I had, I said the collection will feature my 600th photo in there somewhere. It's entirely possible it could also feature my 700th photo since my collections are usually around 150ish photos each.

9. 701 now.

10. So you unlock these cars by winning races?

11. Some. Unlike all the other Gran Turismos where all the best cars are won you generally have to buy the best cars in this one, they usually cost in excess of 3,000,000cr too, that's why I cheat for money now. The usual killer of GT has set in, boredom. Instead of doing the same race for hours on end I can earn millions over night as I sleep, how else am I going to get the trophy for filling your garage with 1000 cars?

I basically take photos of any cars I have that I like, I have plenty of cars I don't have photos of simply because I don't like them, I'm keeping them for said trophy. My GT routine has gone from:

Racing
    Tuning
    repeat

to

Tuning
    Take Photos
    Tuning
    Take Photos
    Cheat for money
    Tuning
    etc etc.

I don't play the game much at all these days, if I do it's just to try and tune the cars I've got without buying more. But I keep buying new ones and falling further behind on my tuning. It's a vicious cycle.

12. I didn't know you could take photos. How?

13. Buh?

It's simple, there are two ways.

You can watch a replay and pause the action whenever you want and take pictures, the level of detail is amazing. Shutter speed, aperture, filters, you name it.

The other way is to pick a car (it has to be a premium car) and go onto photo travel from the main menu, you can get some truly realistic looking photos from this mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I decided to remove the photo video from youtube that was banned worldwide and simply re-uploaded it with a different song. Damn labels changing their copyright policies.

youtube.com/harperlarp