Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Have you not been tuning cars then? How comes you've got all that monies? I spent most of my money tuning all the cars I'm actually going to want to drive and ignoring the ones I'm not interested in. At 250,000 a pop it's expensive. I'll be getting back to that after I've bought the 2J. Then I can finally start buying new cars again! I spent about 2 weeks just tuning the premium cars I wanted to tune before starting on my standards. I've probably got around 40 more waiting to be tuned before I can start buying more cars and tuning them. this is why I need proper seasonals again.

2. What costs 260,000 a pop? Surely you just tune them up a bit so they're fun to drive? There's no point maxing them all out as I find they lose their distinctive engine noises once you add turbos and change the exhausts.

I am buying every car in the game, it's automobile pokemon.
    I'll pick and choose the odd car I want to drive but will keep tuning limited to maybe new tyres or small upgrades to keep them competitive in seasonals.

3. If I buy a car and I'm going to be driving it, either online or single player it gets maxed out. That's been my style since 1997 and it aint changin. I don't like to drive a car thinking "this could go faster". All out or nothing.

4. Some classic cars will never go as fast as you would want. The car handling takes a massive turn for the worse when you overtune it. I drive cars to enjoy the way they drive.

We should have some low PP online races, to spite you.

5. I gave up even changing the oil of the cars I bought. The loading times and menu times in GT5 really were poorly done. Had a quick go on GT3 the other day and the load times were so much better. Crazy.

6. I currently own a total of 208 cars. 62 of those are premium and 146 are standard.

Of those 208 cars 73 are tuned. By tuned I mean they've been maxed out with everything from racing soft tyres and turbo kits to weight reduction and body rigidity. Also 6 cars have been race modified. I still have 56 waiting to be tuned. After that there's still hundreds of cars I want to buy and tune. It's a pretty monumental task but I want loads of cars and if I WANT a car in my garage it's gonna get tuned.

I also have 177 photos and counting.

7. I might start posting up pictures of every car in my collection. Even all 50 odd skylines/lancers/RX7-8s. It will be EPIC.

I'll probably change the oil of the 500 odd I've missed when I race them. Yep, might try a lap of the nurburgring in EVERY SINGLE ONE

8. Now that's a huge undertaking. I'm toying with the idea of posting all my pics as some of them are truly awesome but I just don't fancy typing (img) 177 times...

9. You don't have to if you host them on photobucket. when you hover you mouse over the thumbnails it'll pop up a little box with the image codes, just click on the relevant one and it'll be copied to clipboard.

10. So i can just type (img) then paste 177 urls in one go from this clipboard then type (/img) and it'll work?

11. No, that won't work, what i meant is it'll give you the complete httpblaaah.jpg[/ img] for you when you hover over the image.

You can tick the images you want to post, then at the bottom of the page, click "choose action" then "generate link codes for selected"

It'll then give you all the image codes which you just copy and paste into your post.

...DON'T paste 177 images in one post...

Like so:
    [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/cngai/GT5/NrburgringNordschleife_3-1.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/cngai/GT5/th_NrburgringNordschleife_3-1.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Voila! It does clickable thumbnails as well!

12. Those pics look all small and stuff. Is there a way to embiggen them?

I see, clickable thumbnails, snazzy. I'll post pictures in daily sections rather than blowing the forum up with the most epic post ever.

13. I was merely demonstrating the CLICKABLE THUMBNAILS You can do regular sized images too.

14. See my edit for more details.

15. Anyone up for some races tonight?

16. Still raggin the hell off your bspeccers every day. I demand you take time out to drive mine!

On a side note my balance is around 10,700,000cr. Not too long to go before i can start waiting for the 2J to reappear.

17. Good luck with that, I've been waiting for 2000 odd days now.

I'll get back onto Remote B spec over the next few days. Got 20 million so just need to cycle through the UCD cars.

18. You don't need 20million you swine! Give me some monies! Is the playstation network down for maintenance or something? It won't let me sign. Every time I try to sign in it just says I've been signed out.

19. Just about to start the 4-hour endurance race at the nurburgring. May God have mercy on my soul.

Actually... no. I'm going to wait until they release the patch that lets you save the game mid way through an endurance race. Yes, that's what I'll do.

20. Yes I do! I need at least 200 million if I'm gonna get all the cars.