Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. You have issues. OF WHAT CAR MAGAZINE.

GHAHAHA! I INSULT YOU AND REFERENCE ALAN PARTRIDGE. I AM WINNING.

2. Alan who? Is he a writer for what car magazine?

3. You probably don't know who Alan Partridge is, FOR REAL.

4. Wasn't he on the radio once? Was he involved in some sort of scandal?

5. Lol. Wasn't Alan Partidge a non funny character by the non funny Steve Coogan?

6. Success! The 2J is mine!

7. Bastard! I've got a healthy 11.8m credits now which is the easily the most I've ever had on this game. Left a b spec endurance race on over night and it paid out a measly 68k! I can earn more than that in literally 5 minutes. What an oversight. The prize money in this game is way too erratic and makes no sense.

8. The b spec endurance prizes seem geared towards stopping you from making easy money, they're just for xp. Which is dilly because Like the Wind's Indy oval pays out 70k every 4 minutes and you can auto grind that with the x2010.

9. The b spec cash awards are a joke. The game has a totally weird balance for rewards, especially when you look at the seasonal events. I have no idea what they were thinking overall. The game has waaaaay too much grinding and, given the amount of cars and courses, there was no need for it. It's just seems like bad design to me.

10. He's no Chris Moyles, I'll give you that.

11. 927/1031. Just over a hundred cars to go. Took me about half an hour just to buy all the premium nissans!

Got 5 million left in the bank, so I'll be grinding for more credits.

12. GT5 must be the only game you've played for the past few weeks, you've been sessioning it good and proper to have that many cars. I've played it quite a bit and only have just over 200 (although most of them have been tuned, eating up the money I would've used to buy new cars)

13. I don't play gt5 at all, I turn it on and check every 20 minutes in case the UCD has a car I don't own. I play minecraft and pokemon mostly.

Credits get earned overnight when I'm asleep, about a million credits an hour.

14. So do you wake up every 20 minutes to start the next race or what?

15. Oh no, it starts the next race automatically. When I'm checking for cars, I'll quit out after every 5 races, have a look in the UCD, then pop it back into the race.

Overnight, I just let it run. Usually wake up to an extra 9-10 million credits or so.

[edit] 951/1031. Got myself down to 220 credits.

16. I still don't get it. Thought it stayed on the results screen after a race until you press on "NEXT". Also I didn't think it started new championships on it's own.

17. Would you mind putting your 2J onto online status for a bit? Now you have it I'd like a chance to test drive it before parting with 15million credits you know?

18. it's pretty simple. I'm not doing an entire championship, I'm just repeating the "Like the Wind" Indy oval race. All you need are two rubber bands and a usb keyboard. bwahaha

Sure, I'll put it up in a minute. Just got to update my system software.